Home Sweet Home

The walk through the forest felt like hours to Noah. While they walked the gigantic man didn't say one single word, which made the boy even more nervous.
The way he was held only allowed him to look towards the ground. If he wanted to see in which direction they were going he had to crane his neck. Noah was too exhausted to care though.

Eventually they came across a clearing. In the center was a high waterfall, whose water formed a large lake.

Noah assumed his captor reached his destination, because he approached the waters.
The boy's eyes widened in awe as the curtains of the waterfall revealed a huge cave. The last sunrays shined through a crack in the ceiling. Then the giant walked into a smaller cave inside of the larger cave.

His home.

Against all of his expectations the inside looked quiet domistic, homely even. In the middle was a wooden table with one chair beside it. In the corner stood a bed combined with a nightstand. Some shelves were lined up against the walls. The cave even had a fireplace, were a small fire burned with a cauldron above it.

The teenager couldn't help but think 'at least he lives alone', the thought of multiple giants torturing him send a shiver down his spine.

Noah was carefully put down on the table. His heart was pounding in his chest. He couldn't see the giant from his position on the wooden surface. Only the shuffling behind him assured him that he was still there. Suddenly a shadow loomed over him and an enormous hand reached across the table.

The frightened boy flinched, but otherwise remainded still. A silver glint caught his eye. He turned his head to see and froze.

A knife.

The sight made him tremble. Finally his instincts got the better of him. He tried to stand up, but the rope around his wrists wouldn't allow it. So he squirmed like a fish out of the water.

"Hold still." said a voice behind him, a lot softer than back at the village.

He flinched again, but did as he was told, suppressing his fear as best as he could, not wanting to anger the man. The small boy closed his eyes and pressed his face into the wood underneath him, praying that it would be over soon and didn't have to suffer longer than it was necesarry.

Noah expected to be cut into pieces, what he didn't expect was to be freed from his restraints. The knife cut carefully through the rope, not once grazing his skin.

Once he was free his shirt was pinched between two huge fingers. Noah waited to be dropped into a massive maw, when he was lifted off the table, but it never happend. Instead he was sat down back on the table.

He starred down at his wrists in disbelieve.
'Is he toying with me? Does he want to tortur me before he kills me?'

His thoughts were interrupted by a laugh. Noah looked up into the amused face of the giant.
'Is he laughing at me?'

His lips turned into a cocky smirk.
"Didn't your parents teach you some manners?" said the man while rising an eye brow.

Shocked by the unexpected question, Noah needed a moment to think about an answer.

"T-thank you, s-sir." replied the boy, but it sounded more like a question, unsure about what the man wanted to hear.

This earned him another laugh. "There you go! For a moment i was worried you were mute or something. Usually humans scream bloody murder, when i pick them up, you know like this guy at your village, but you didn't scream once." He said the last part more to himself than anything else, like he couldn't believe it.
As if to prove his point, he scooped Noah up once again and held him in his tilted palm.