Run Away

This chapter contains mild swearing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah awoke with a start.

Dammit! He overslept. Again. What time was it? Probably way too late already. He had to hurry up. If he arrived too late for his shift again, he had to endure the wrath of his boss. And he really didn't want to get another beati-

Wait....

He wasn't lying in his bed. Whatever he was lying on was far too comfortable to be his bed. Where was he?
When he looked around, the memories of yesterday came rushing back, everything was huge! So it wasn't a dream after all, but if it wasn't a dream then where was the g-

"Look, who is finally awake." said the man as he entered the room.

Noah turned his head sharply to the entrance of the cave, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, hoping he would wake up, but it had no use.
The giant was still there.

And he was walking towards him. John sat down on his bed to look less intimidating before asking "So, how did you sleep?"

It was such a normal, but still caught Noah off guard. Why was he acting so nice?
"Good, i guess." It was true. He did sleep pretty well. His "bed" was really cozy compared to his old one back at the orphanage. He looked down at the blanket John gave him last night. He didn't have to give him one, but he did. The 15-year-old couldn't remember the last time someone tucked him him. It felt weird. John was weird. Hell, the whole situation was weird.

"Glad to hear that, though if you want to change anything about your sleeping place just let me know."

..... so weird.

"I hope you are hungry, i already made breakfast."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a while, since he ate breakfast in peace, or ate breakfast at all for that matter. Normally he would go to work without eating first. He knew it wasn't healthy, but he simply didn't have the time. He was used to it by now.
But he had to admit this was a nice change. It was also the only good thing he gained from being trapped here. He didn't have to work.

Like the day before neither of them said much. Both of them silently trying to figure each other out.

When they were done, John went to leave the cave.

"Where are you going?"

John turned around to face the human on the table.
"Doing my job. I have to pay for things too or do you think i get everything for free?" a smirk grew on his face "What? Do you miss me already?"

He hated to admit it, but the idea of being alone in a strange place made him even more uncomfortable than being in a strange place with a stranger, he just met. He would never say that out loud though, so he just glared at the giant and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"That's what i thought." John smiled triumphally and left, knowing that Noah couldn't cause any trouble while he was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Noah paced on the table back and forth. He had to leave. He couldn't just sit here and wait for his fate. Sure, John acted nice and didn't hurt him....yet, but sooner or later the giant would get tired of him. They all did. He was just a little distraction to him, like he said, something to keep him company.
He had to escape, before the man decided to get rid of him. But how?!

The teenager walked to the edge of the table. A jump from up here would be fatal and the table legs were out of his reach. He was stuck.

'There has to be another way!" yelled Noah, frustrated.