i'm done

it was a couple of weeks after the fight and car crash. sykkuno and i were both well and out of the hospital. i hadn't heard from kyle since i made a fool out of him. i think it was safe to say he was done for.

i was taking a small break from meeting with clients but i still had work to do. i figured since i was fully recovered, i could schedule some meetings because things were getting boring.

i haven't seen sykkuno since the hospital, he hadn't texted me or anything either. maybe he wanted to keep his distance? i don't know, but, either way it was his decision. as much as i valued our friendship, his well-being was more important.

life was always messed up when kyle got involved so i wasn't surprised everything was flipped on it's side.

the next thing i knew i was crying in rae's arms on my bed wondering what i did wrong to make sykkuno stay away.

"i'm sure he'll come around. he just needs time," she assured me. although, i didn't quite believe her.

"y/n?"

i look to my right to see a beautiful brunette man propped against the door frame.

"I'm sorry, should i go?" he asks, politely.

"what are you doing here?" i ask. what the hell is he doing here.

"i'll leave you two," rae says, getting up and leaving the room, smiling on her way out.

i wipe my tears and motion for sykkuno to sit next to me. he brushes off his jeans and sits down, making sure to keep a comfortable distance. but, the truth is, i wasn't comfortable. i felt like sykkuno didn't want to talk to me anymore, so why was he here? why was he grabbing my hand?

he opened up my balled hand and inside he placed a beautiful butterfly necklace, "what is this?" i ask. i bring it up to my eyes and observe it. it was decorated with pink gems and it definitely wasn't cheap as it was super heavy. it would look beautiful around my neck but there was no way i could accept this.

"wh- why?"

"aren't you supposed to get gifts for people you like?" he assures, but that made me turn red in the face. i didn't even know what to say to that. he- he likes me?

"thank you... so much. but, i have to ask, why'd you ghost me? everytime i facetimed you, you didn't answer i know you had your phone because i could hear you facetiming rae in the other room. everytime i texted you or asked if you hang out, you didn't want to-"

"of course i wanted to," he said.

"then why didn't you?"

"it was too hard... when i get... uh... feelings for people... i push them away. but i couldn't lose you... and i needed to-"

"feelings?"

"yes, and a whole lot of them. i love how you end almost every text message with a smiley face. i love how you work hard but still know how to have fun. i love how you take care of everyone around you and make sure everyone is comfortable." after saying all of that, he quickly covers his mouth. our faces turn a bright shade of red.

"i like you too, sykkuno."

"uh- wow uh. this is..."

"awkward," i finish his sentence for him.

"so... you like me too?" he asks, breaking the dead silence filling the room. \

"yeah," i look at the ground.

"wanna get something to eat or something... i don't k-"

"sykkuno, please stop, you don't have to treat me like this. i-"

my sentence was interrupted by a pair of lips interlocking with mine. a kiss. a kiss?!

his soft hands cupped my rosy cheeks as lust and want circled around the two of us. we were alone in the world for that second, no one else was there.

except, that wasn't entirely true. sykkuno wasn't in the kiss, he was clapping in my face, "y/n! earth to y/n!"

"oh... i'm sorry, i must've zoned out," i said, blinking my eyes.

"i- i have to go, y/n. it was nice seeing you again," he flashed a smile and exited the room. god, why did i like him so much.

~~~~

i spent the next 20 minutes in and out of sleep. i hadn't sleeped in so long, my body was craving it. but, it was hard to stay asleep knowing that i wanted to kiss sykkuno.

my slumber was interrupted by a 'ding!' going off on my phone.

unknown number: y/n, its been so long. its me, your father. i have turned things around, i'm clean now. cleo and alexandria and married with kids, life's great. but, i miss you. i'd like to meet up.

how stupid does kyle think i am? cleo and alexandria are 22 and 18. they're too young to be married with kids and i know i'd be notified about the pregnancies and invited to the weddings.

but my dad is always high out of his mind, maybe it was really him.

of course there was no chance i'd agree to meet with him even if it was him. i'd have to be crazy... and stupid.

everything was wrong, this was not how it was supposed to be. i was supposed to be happy, be making money, moving out of rae's house. my job was doing very well, but i'm not a millionaire or anything yet.

at this point, rae's house is looking like a long term place for me to stay. i know she likes the company and doesn't mind patients being met with here. but, i feel like i'm intruding and i hate that. she would have the right to be alone in her apartment if she wants to. she shouldn't have to talk to me to make sure she is.

also, i kinda feel bad that i was forced into sykkuno's life. i mean, he was doing alright before he met me, and then bam. he was beat up, caught feelings, and stayed in a hospital. all because of me and my stupid problems that should've never involved them.

that's it, i'm done causing problems. i'm done making others suffer for my mistakes. i'm done hurting the people i love.

i'm leaving.

1060 words :)

WHATTAHHSBSHSKD 1.5K READS YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME I CANT EVEN BELIEVE IT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY AND VOTING FOR IT AND LEAVING COMMENTS AND UHSHEHDND I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH MORE THAN YOU KNOW AHHHHHH

anyways a bit of a long chapter today, i felt i needed to have one after 2 super short chapters in a row. i hope u all have a great day and listen to some good music (GO LISTEN TO DREAM'S NEW SONG) ;)

bye love u

~annah