"Well what about Astoria, aren't you going to be the man and fight for her like all the muggle fairy tales. Where they are ripped from their true loves but fight for them back"

His face was emotionless as he stared into my eyes.

"I don't know, you tell me is this-" he pointed a lazy finger between us "- worth it, or am I just wasting my time trying?"

"That's up to you and only you" the corner of his mouth curved into a smirk, he brought his bottom lip between his teeth.

Fuck, I wonder what he taste like. Feels like- I snapped out of my thoughts as the tension above us grew thick.

I stood up walking into the bathroom "I'll see you at breakfast" I called out as I turned the water on, steam filled the bathroom quickly.

I knew this marriage wasn't going to be what I wanted but maybe it could be bearable, being civil and friendly wouldn't hurt anyone. The feeling of the scolding water on my skin felt like pure bliss.

This is the fist time in a while I had felt like this, grounded, I don't know if it was Draco's words or the fact that he seemed willing to let go of Astoria for me. Something switched in him and me but hopefully in a good way.

I couldn't let my guard fully down yet, I was prone to getting hurt and this time I had nothing to fall back on.

/*

The next two days were better. We weren't having full blown conversation but there was no awkward tension when passing in the halls or when we would read in the same room.

In fact he asked me to take a walk with him this morning and things felt normal, it was like we were just like before. Before the arrangement, the fight, everything. It was just us again. His laugh made my cheeks grow red and his smile made me melt, but I still kept my guard up.

"So the ball is in two days" Mother spoke after she finished her food.

"Yes and I found the perfect dress for Liv" Narcissa exclaimed as she called for the house elves to clean up dinner.

"Well I can't wait to see it" she gave me a hopeful smile, I trusted her to pick my dress and clothes. If anything she was the only one I would let, her style was something else, more grand than anyone else. She knew me and what I liked and put her own amazing touch on it.

"Since tomorrow is Christmas I was thinking after breakfast you and Draco could go to lunch and have some bonding time" Lucius suggested eyeing his sone closely.

"Father me and Liv literally grew up together, what more is there to know when I already know everything"

Lucius smirk turned into a scold "But you're right we could go to lunch" his eyes snapped to me, I could have gotten lost in them if I allowed myself to but I couldn't. "That sounds lovely" I cleared my throat placing my hands on my lap.

"Very well-"

/*

When I walked down stairs our parents were sitting in front of the Malfoy's ginormous tree that was covered in tree decorations that looked one hundred time better then the tree at Hogwarts.

I took a seat on the empty couch on the other side of the room after wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a good morning.

"Morning" Draco greeted as he took a seat next to me but leaving space in the middle. "Great now time for presents" Narcissa clapped her hands together casting a spell the sort everyones presents in front of them.

Narcissa, Lucius, and my parents loved their presents. Draco and I had yet to open ours.

From Lucius and Narcissa I got a beautiful ball gown that was dark blue, she said it wasn't for the ball but just a dress I could wear when I had nothing else to for events. From my parents they just gifted me a book on one hundred potions that come in handy on a daily. This gift felt more useful to Draco than me seeing as potions wasn't my strongest nor favorite subject, but why would they know that.

Last was Draco's gift, it was in a small box which didn't bother me. I didn't really like receiving gifts so the smaller the better.

A tiny gasp escaped my lips when I took the lid off, I stared down at the necklace in my hands. It was oval shaped emerald pendent, their family jewel. I glanced up at his pleading eyes and back down at the necklace.

"Do you like it?"

"Draco- I love it" It looked to prefect for me to put it on, I wanted to keep it safe and untouched in it's box but out of respect I put it on. "Thank you" I breathed out as he smiled at me while I admired the jewelry around my neck.

Draco got the newest broom from his parents and another book about Dark arts from mine, my nerves were through the roof as he was about to open mine.

"It's made from a lily pad, it's like melted and welded and all that I thought it was funny since-"

"-Since we used lily pad leafs as rings when we pretended to get married, yeah and you found it so hard to rip the leaf and fold it into a ring" he laughed staring down at his gift.

"I thought it was funny since we are actually getting married now" he looked up at me with so much emotion in his eyes. "I love it" I softly smiled at him, I turned my head and almost forgot that our parents were sitting with us.

Narcissa looked like she was about to burst out in tears, everyone else looked bored. "This was a lovely Christmas but you two should get ready for lunch no?"

we nodded walking back to our rooms. Once I was done getting ready I stared in the mirror looking at the necklace that rested on my neck, it was truly beautiful.

I couldn't get the look of Draco's face out of my mind when he saw my gift. It was so raw and like nothing I had seen from him in my life.

I stepped out of my room to find Draco walking in my direction "The three broom sticks" I shrugged as we linked arms "Sure" in a blink of an eye he apparated us to Hogsmeade right in front of the pub.

"Thank you" Draco held the door open as we both shrugged our coats off hanging them up, "Look who's back here to drink me dry again?" Madam Rosmerta joked hanging up some glasses that she just dried.

"Not this time but keep an eye out" I teased back before we took our seats. The pub was relatively empty so we just grabbed a table sitting across from each other.

"So where is that handsome young man you were with" she asked as she came over to take our drink orders, "Oh i'm not sure probably with his family, but can I get a butter beer please" I smiled at her as she wrote that down, Draco getting the same thing.

"Who were you with and when?" I looked up from my menu to see Draco staring intently at me, I chuckled at the thought. "Oh the other night I ran into Cedric when I was shopping and we just got some drinks after" I looked back down but I could still feel his stare.

"What!?"

"Did you guys do anything-" he questioned, why did he want to know. We didn't well almost did but I stopped it.

"No, why" I put my menu down giving him my full attention.

"you sure-" I cut him off with a scoff. "Yeah i'm sure, what you don't trust me. I told you nothing happened cause nothing happened" he was unbelievable.

"No its just-"

"What are you two doing here" a voice that I missed so much over came the start of maybe an argument.

I looked behind me to see Pansy and Blaise hanging their coats up brushing some snow off the top of their heads. "Pansy, Blaise" I exclaimed standing up to give her a hug, "Merlin I missed you" I whispered in her ear.

Draco gave Blaise a handshake and Pansy a quick hug. "A little Christmas date" I teased as Blaise snaked his arm around her waist. "Yeah, and you to?..."

"Oh just lunch" I added "Yeah she's staying at the manor something to do with remodeling hers" now that I think, we would never just remodel the manor. That was probably just some stupid excuse.

They both nodded eyed us back and forth "We're cool now" he blurted making their confusion drop. I thought about telling them about the marriage but by Draco's face we didn't.

They joined us for lunch and we just talked about random stuff like normal. My mind wandered back to when he was questioning me about Cedric, he almost sounded. Jealous.

A/N- I'm not ready for this ball... buckle up butter cups ;)