10. What the hell just happend?!

Alex hopped out of the shower and got dressed, she could hear her brothers talking in the other room but she didn't feel like seeing Damon's face after last night.

She made he way to her dresser to grab her daylight ring and when she open the drawer she came face to face with a picture of her and Lexi;

Alex closed up the drawer. The memory of Lexi dying was still so fresh in her and the fact that she couldn't save her even though she was right there didn't help.

Alex remembered that Stefan was going to be telling Elena he was going to stay away from school, that he was taking a step back so he could focus on Damon.

She understood how tough all this must be for Stefan, he was lot closer to Lexi than Alex so she decided to wish him good luck even though she didn't want to see Damon's face.

She entered Stefan's room where the two were talking.

Damon: Ah There she is! I was just about to come wake you up after I said bye to Stefan!

Alex ignored her completely.

Alex: (to Stefan) good luck for that thing you were going to do today.

Stefan: thanks Al.

Damon: woah! The silent treatment, super mature little sis.

Alex: well Iook sixteen, might as well act like it. And you would know all about maturity wouldn't you.

Damon: ouch!

Alex walked out of the room rolling her eyes mumbling under her breath, dick!

Damon: I heard that!

Alex: you were supposed to!

• after half a day•

Stefan had come back from school and was going around the house sulking, at least he was being his usual self Alex thought.

Alex: hey

Stefan: hey

Alex: how did it go?

Stefan: how do you think? She's angry but it's fine it's better that way, it makes it easier for her.

Alex: ya I guess. I don't think it's supposed to be easy.

Stefan: maybe you were right Al, I shouldn't have come back, I shouldn't have brought in the middle of all this. Not with our family.

Before Alex could say anything the phone rang, it was Elena.

Damon had threatened Bonnie earlier for the crystal he wanted, Caroline had given it to her and Bonnie had refused to give it back.

Stefan: I should go see Elena

Alex: I'm coming too.

•Gilbert residence•