The Guilt

After Two weeks...

The school playboy named Edison Fuentebella changed a lot. He's not flirting with any other students anymore. He's no longer using his charm to make the other girls' fell on their knees unlike before.

But most of all, he's not playing games with anyone's heart anymore.

A lot of people inside the school knows about her playboy status that's why they can't believe that Edison is loveless for two weeks now. All they know is the infamous playboy of their high school changed a lot since the day he got fooled by his ex girlfriend.

The heartbreaker named Jennica Torres.

---------------------------

"Randy invited us to hang-out with him and his girlfriend Alice tomorrow. Why don't we go so that you can have some fun, Edison ?" Alvin asked him while they're walking on the hallway in one of the school buildings. Edison didn't respond and just continued walking like a robot making Alvin sigh. He knows why his best friend is acting like this.

"I know that your heart is still hurting until now, bro. But you don't have to live like a cold person because it's not really who you are." Alvin said with a sigh. "I missed my cool best friend. Cool but not cold as ice like you. Are you really Edison Fuentebella?"

Edison stopped walking then take a look at Alvin. He felt so guilty for acting so cold to his best friend but he's just acting like this to pretend that he doesn't care.

He keeps on pretending that he doesn't care about Jennica Torres anymore.

"I'm so sorry, bro. I-I just don't want to look more pitiful in... Jen 's eyes." He said with a painful feeling inside his heart. Everything about Jen keeps on breaking his already broken heart. "I'm sorry for acting this way, Alvin."

Alvin sighed then patted his left shoulder. "It's okay. I understand why you're acting this way. But you can't live like this for so long, bro. This is not the real you, Edison."

"Do you want me to go back in my playboy status again?" He asked with a fake laugh but Alvin knows him too well.

"Stop pretending that you're fine, Edison. Sometimes, it's okay not to be okay. Stop fooling others especially yourself that you're fine when obviously you're not." Alvin said seriously.

"What should I do? This is the first time I've experienced heartbreak so I have no idea how to fix my broken heart. How can I bring back those broken pieces of my heart, Alvin? How?" Edison asked while tears started rolling down from his eyes. Alvin hugged him tight without a word. "Now I know how my victims felt whenever I broke their hearts. This is so painful and I hate myself for being insensitive before. I deserve this, bro. I deserve this karma."

Alvin remained silent and just rubbed his back comfortingly. Edison learned his lessons now but his stubborn heart didn't as it keeps on shouting Jen's name.

---------------------------

Jen keeps on sighing while she's sitting alone in one table inside a coffee shop. Until now, she still felt so guilty for what she did to Edison. She heard that Edison changed a lot after she played with that playboy.

She's happy to learn that Edison is no longer playing with other girls' hearts but she still felt sad and guilty despite all of these. She knows to herself that what she did to him is too cruel and unfair. She should be happy that her plan against him succeed but she's not that heartless to be happy for someone else's misery.

But she is still unsure if Edison really love her for real and vice versa. She's not yet sure if what she feels for Edison now is love and not just pity.

"Excuse me, ma'am? Are you ready to order now?" She heard someone asked so she looked up then saw a beautiful waitress in front of her. "I'm sorry for interrupting your deep thoughts but my boss wouldn't let a stand by here, ma'am."

Jen blinked her eyes a few times then nodded. "I understand and I'm sorry for taking too much time. Just give me my usual order, miss." Jen said pretty sure that the waitress knew her usual order. She's a regular customer in this coffee shop and this waitress is always the one serving her orders.

The waitress smiled. "Yes ma'am. Your usual order coming up."

"Wait." She called up making the waitress to look back at her. "I-I just want to ask for some advice. I hope you don't mind." The waitress smiled then nodded kindly at her who seems uncomfortable. Jen took a deep sigh before talking again. "I-I did a mistake. I've hurt someone because of my childish revenge. I played a game with our school's playboy. I broke his heart last time. H-He said that he really loves me but... I don't want to believe him that's why..."

"That's why you broke up with him in front of a lot of people at your school campus, right?" The waitress finished her sentence making her shocked.

"How did you know? Are we schoolmates?" Jen asked surprised.

The waitress which is Madison shook her head. "No, we aren't. But I'm the older sister of that playboy."

Jen widen her eyes in shock. She can't believe that the waitress standing in front of her now is the older sister of Edison.

"Let's meet later to talk about this. My shift will end at 4 in the afternoon. I hope you will meet me here later, Ms. Jennica Torres." Madison said then gave Jen one last smile before walking into the counter.

Jen was left speechless and can't do anything but just watched Madison's back.

---------------------------

A/N: 😮 What will happen next? Thanks for reading.