Love me back - Josh x Bryce

Trigger warning: Self harm

Josh observed Addison and Bryce from across the room as they cuddled each other watching a movie. Despite his best efforts Josh couldn't help but feel a pang of Jealousy taking over his body.

He wished he could possibly as good looking as she was then maybe, he'd considered something more then just a brother and best friend. Not being able to look at the couple any longer, Josh ran to his room tears brimming his eyes

Bryce watched out of the corner of his eye Josh running to his room, frowning knowing something was off. "Addi I'll be right back okay"? She nodded and he quickly got up and anxiously walked to Josh's room.

He gently knocked on the door hearing in return, only growing his concern. Josh panicked at the thought of Bryce seeing him like this afraid Bryce would laugh if he did.

Bryce nor him he had to admit was that open when it came to talking about their feelings, instead their the  type of person you wouldn't expect to see cry in a thousand years.

Yet their he was crying his heart, sitting on his bed surrounded by tissues as a result of all the cuts he made on his wrists, shoulders, legs, and many other parts of his body waiting to be infected.

"Josh please open the door I know your not alright". Bryce attempted to reason with the boy. Hearing the concern lacing the boy on the other sides voice he felt guilt and slowly unlocked the door.

Bryce's heart dropped at the sight, Josh had extremely visible eye bags under his eyes, and several angry and fresh cuts all over his body - to many to count, and his overall appearance disheveled.

After standing in shock for a few seconds Bryce came to his senses and immediately grabbed the boys wrist before dragging him to his bed and pulling him into his lap. Playing with Josh's hair he let the boy into his chest as he fist balled his sweatshirt.

Ten minutes went by and the younger boys sobs finally calmed down to small sniffles. After rubbing his back for a few more seconds Bryce spoke up. "Baby". He sighed, and Josh's eyes widened at the pet name.

"Baby just please tell me why please". He begged. Bryce was concerned and confused about what was going on with Josh. He was usually tough and reserved and not one to cry at all so what caused his sudden outburst?

"Fine! I fucking like you I have for a while and no matter how much I try to get rid of these feeling they always come back"! Josh huffed many emotions lacing his voice.

"Josh". Bryce sighed trying to collect his thoughts. "I know it seems like I don't like you back but I've always have, I dated Addison because I do like her but something inside of me always liked you more".

"Y-you do"? Josh was stunned and happy at the same time. Bryce nodded before smiling gently and placing his finger under his chin and pulling him into a kiss. Josh happily kissed back and they pulled back smiling like idiots.

"What about Addison aren't you two still dating"? Josh asked. Bryce thought about it for a second knowing he didn't want to break her heart but she'd probably be supportive nonetheless.

"I'll talk to her later she'll support us I promise but right now I want to spend some time with my boyfriend". Josh's heart swelled at the thought of Bryce being his boyfriend, knowing he couldn't possibly be happier.

Keeping his promise they watched a movie and snuck each other kisses every chance they could. After they finished the movie Bryce talked to Addison and it went better than he expected, along with telling the boys getting teased for the rest of the night.
————
Total word count: 652