Katherine slowly opens the wooden box. It reveals a necklace, placed inside the box. A golden necklace, with simple decoration, surrounding a gemstone. A light blue aquamarine gemstone, portraying the colour of the sea. Katherine feels strange; sadness, doubtfulness, and longings, mix in her heart.

The aquamarine necklace is not just any necklace. It is special, notably because of the giver. It was Meredith Swann, Katherine's mother, who gave the aquamarine necklace to her second daughter. She gave Katherine the gemstone right before her tragic death. Katherine takes the aquamarine necklace from its place, then she gently rubs the gemstone.

A nostalgic feeling flows through Katherine, a feeling about her beloved mother. The journey she will encounter, is saving her sister, and Katherine is sure enough she will face quite much danger. Katherine sighs, she attaches the aquamarine necklace on her neck, hoping for her mother's blessings.

 Katherine sighs, she attaches the aquamarine necklace on her neck, hoping for her mother's blessings

"Thank you so much for helping me, Marie

"Thank you so much for helping me, Marie. I promise I will be back soon." spoke Katherine, hugging Marie for the last time.

Katherine quickly gets out of her bedroom. There are a few things she needs to bring, just in case. Quietly, Katherine sneaks into her father's office, and take a pistol also a bunch of coins, and put them inside her pocket.

She hurriedly walks out of the room. Katherine steps into the kitchen, and grab two fresh apples. She eats one fastly, and keep the other one inside her pocket.

After finishing her small breakfast, Katherine runs out of her messy house, heading to the town.

「 𓊝 」

So many buildings ruined and burned, soldiers bringing either an injured person or a dead body, and people picking up the remains of their living.

As a daughter of a governor, Katherine feels guilty she cannot help much. But even her own voice, no one would ever listen. Except for one person, who is now laying unconscious on the ground, surrounded by chickens.

Katherine goes down to the person, Will. She kneels beside him, gently brushing the dirt on his face. She takes a moment to admire Will's charming face, then she softly shakes his shoulder.