Facing the Past

It was a lot easier to get around the cliffs being able to use the wall run ability, and you quickly reached the spot you had been been stuck at before. You ran up the mud the hill towards the vault.

"Race you there!" you said to Cal and took off. He laughed as you easily beat him, but BD beat you both up the hill.

"Okay, you won, good job," said Cal to BD, rolling his eyes at you. You and Cal entered the open doors of the vault and saw another door before you. Cal stepped up to it, and slowly ran his hand down it, eventually taking a deep breath as he pressed with the Force. It slowly lifted before him and you stepped up to join him as you looked down the dark tunnel.

"Really cheery place," you joked, but actually, it felt good to be here. You could sense that there was energy here, and you wanted to know what was inside. Cal took the lead with BD on his shoulder, partially lighting the way, but mostly in darkness. It was a tight fit, and you kept your hand on the back of Cal's poncho. Soon, you emerged into a huge space. Light poured in from the roof, and there were giant semicircles on the wall with runes and pictures everywhere. You both walked to the center of the room, talking it all in. You noticed that there wasn't anyone there. Where was the Jedi you were supposed to meet? BD suddenly jumped off Cal's back and beeped at you urgently. Then he began to project something.

"Well done, whoever you are. You have passed the test and gained access to the Vault and this recording, one of many stored in the droid. I am Master Eno Cordova, and I don't know your name, but I know your purpose. The fate of the Jedi Order rests in your hands."

"No pressure," you muttered and Cal smiled at you in response.

"This Vault is a sacred temple built by a vanished civilization known as the Zeffo. Meditating here I was granted a premonition through the Force of doom. I have placed inside this Vault a Jedi holocron containing a list of the names and locations of young force-sensitives throughout the galaxy." Your mouth fell open. With that holocron...a lot could be done.

"Ahead you will find the inner chamber of the Vault but also another test. I can only trust this Holocron to someone who followed my path and understands. Seek out the hidden tombs of the three sages and learn to perceive the mysteries of the force as the Zeffo once did. In this droid you will find everything you need to succeed on this journey. Go to the Zeffo home world. There you will find peace in the eye of the storm. Good luck, Jedi. And may the Force be with you."

You and Cal both stood in shock for a second. This was a lot to process. Cordova wanted you to begin a new journey, and at the end...a holocron. This was a tangible way to rebuild the Jedi Order. You wished Master Kenobi was here with you, but you were also grateful for Cal, to not be alone.

"I guess you were the someone we were supposed to meet," said Cal, breaking your train of thought. He sat besides BD. "You know, I've been alone for...a while now," he said, and you realized his thoughts were in the same realm as yours."Without any purpose. Just hiding. It's no way to live. Not for Jedi," he said, looking at you. "Or a droid. Maybe Cere was right. Maybe we're done hiding." You could feel the emotion coming off of him in waves. Fear, sadness, but also hope, a lot of it. More than you had.

You could sense that he had come to a decision about the mission already. You had as well, even though you had some misgivings. As Cal had said, you couldn't live like you had. You had to face your demons and fears. You wanted to be able to use the Force like you once could, and you wanted to acknowledge what had happened to you for the first time instead of just living through it. It was time to tell the crew about your past, and maybe Cal, maybe he could help you build a new future. You felt your change in perspective shift, and Cal jumped up.