Chapter 25

Liam's POV

I think this has been the hardest week and a half of my life. With Ally not around and lying lifeless in that stupid hospital bed, my stubbornness putting her there. As I promised almost a week ago, I haven't left her side, I am there as much as I can until Jerrick and Jade come and force me out of this damn room. I will fight for her even if it takes me ripping my heart out and presenting it to her in my hands to get her to accept me, I will do it. 

I wake up in my large, lonely bed and just stare at the ceiling. After what feels like hours I rise and go through the motions. I throw on who knows what clothes at this point and walk down to the pack doctor. 

As the building comes into view something unsettling falls into the air around me. Collin stirs inside not liking the feeling we are both getting. As I push my way through the doors there are whispered voices between Jerrick, Jade and the pack doctor, Hunter.

"What is going on?" I bellow through the very silent, still air.

"Alpha, something has happened?" Hunter turns bowing his head to the side showing is neck to me in submission.

"What. Happened. Hunter?"

"Well, um, I need you to keep your temper down and let me expl.."

Before he has time to finish Collin has pushed him up against the wall causing chaos to break out in this small waiting room. I can feel Jerrick pulling at my hand and Jade is flinging cuss words out of her mouth. 

"WHERE IS SHE!" I scream starting to see red.

"I - I - don - t - k - now.." Hunter manages to spit out past the slowly shrinking of my hand around his neck. 

Screaming continues and Hunter's face is starting to turn purple from the lack of oxygen I have prevented from getting anywhere. As I am spitting words and insults into this man's face, a very loud whistle comes from the door that I came through. The room falls silent and I turn my red hot gaze from Hunter to where I heard the whistle. Making direct eye contact with my mate, before I know it she is wrapped in my arms and I take a deep breath knowing she is safe. 

I can feel the stiffness as wrap her in my arms and instant regret and dread fills my lungs. Reluctantly, I release her and immediately put distance between us not wanting to ruin what little is left for me to save.

Looking at her frustrated face, I ask her what happened. Collin and I both take a long deep breath and close our eyes when she says she just went for a walk. I lean against a wall and just simply watch her look around at the mess I have created. 

Before I know it, she has collapsed and is crying on the floor. I don't have time before Jerrick turns to me shouting how I need to tell her or he's going too. I can't let him do that, she needs to hear it from me or it will crush her and my chances to fix what I have broken will be gone. He lifts her into a chair and says words that I know that a best friend would say. With that she walks out the door and I don't know if I should follow her or give her some space. 

"Follow her and start over this stupid shit you have started." Is all Jerrick says to me before turning back to Jade and Hunter. 

I turn to the doors and take a deep breath and walk out, not knowing what this conversation will bring and the future of Ally and I.

~~~~~~~

I walk out into the bright, beautiful day and as my eyes adjust I see her standing at the edge of the forest staring out into the abyss. I walk right up beside her and we fall into a very uncomfortable silence. 

"Look Ally, I don't know what to say to you. I've been the worst mate ever and I know that, but there has to be something I can do to make this work between us." I say looking down at my feet.

I hear the slight sigh and the chirping of birds above us, but she doesn't say anything.

I position myself in front of her and place my hands on both of her shoulders and look at her beautiful face. "Ally I am sorry and I know that does nothing for you. I want you to give me a chance to explain myself."

"Okay" is all she says as she continues into the forest. All I can do at this point  is follow her.

We come into a clearing that I am very familiar with and she sits on a rock close to the little stream that rolls very quietly over the rocks. Her hair blows calmly in the wind and the smell of strawberries stinging at my nose. I sit on the rock next to her and sigh.

"When I was 17, I was very stubborn and spent more time with my friends than family. One night I went out with my friends instead of staying with my family for dinner and ended up staying the night with a buddy. The next morning when I came home, my mother, father, sisters Nicole and Ashlyn and brother Tyler, had been killed in their sleep. All but Ashlyn had sliced throats. My poor sister but up a little bit of a fight most likely being the last one to die, had tried to get to her window but was mauled before she could make it." I don't say anything else to her to let her process and maybe say something to me.

She turns to me tears in her eyes, "You think you should have died that day don't you?" is all she could say to me.

"I mean, ya. They came through the night, the night I was supposed to be home and I decide to stay one more night with my buddies. I've lived with this regret since then and I know that those bastards are still out there."

"THEN WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME?!" She screams at me tears streaming down her face.

Defeat fills my heart and I lean forward placing my hand in my face, not looking at the pain in her face.

"I didn't want to bring you into my life until I found them because your death would kill me and I have other responsibilities to my pack and my allied packs. I am the strongest alpha in this region and I needed to keep that persona until I killed them all. I had no weakness, no ties, no heart and then you came around. You are my weakness and have brought to life the heart inside of this chest that is been dead for years." I say looking back up to her a tear falling down my cheek. 

"You know that's not how mates work! You know that they make you stronger! All you've done since I got here is made of fool of yourself and me! I have no family either Liam have you ever cared to even considered that you aren't the only fucking one with a bad family history! That maybe that was our fates so when we found each other we would be stronger than our family could ever make us, but you have crushed my heart and any hope I have to actually have a strong relationship with you!" She says with so much hate and frustration laced in her words, stabbing me in the heart with each sharp sword. "I don't know if this is even fixable Liam." She sighs standing up and turning away from me. 

I have nothing to say to her. I had never even thought or asked about her past. I haven't even tried to ask her best friend. I'm terrible and need to fix this because she is right. She will make me stronger than I ever could be without her.

"Ally, I want to make this work. I need to make this work. I know now what I have done wrong and all I ask, actually, I beg you to give me this one chance to make it up to you and show you that I really mean what I am saying."

Slowly she turns to face me, with eyes of sadness and fear, "I don't know Liam. I can't give you an answer to that. It is something that will just have to happen if my heart will let it." 

"Ally, that's all I need I don't need a promise from you, just a chance." I stand up placing my hand to her cheek, caressing it with my thumb. She quickly pulls away and starts to walk back towards the way we came. I stay a little while longer feeling a weight lift from my chest and heart. 

A/N:

Thank you guys for following along with me and I know that I am so bad at getting you guys updates, but I hope you enjoy this one and I will hopefully have another one with in the next two weeks. Love you guys.