Noah was still chuckling as he got up. "My bad."

  I grabbed the broom from the laundry room and swept up the glass.
"Here, you can go throw this on your way out." I handed Noah the bag filled with the shards of glass.

  "Do you think he heard anything?" Aurora asked when we were in my room.
  "I don't think so. He was asleep. And so what if he did? Would it be that big of a deal if he overheard our conversation?" I grabbed a pair of jean shorts and a white crop top from the closet and set them on the bed trunk.
  "Yes, it would. I'd die if he heard me." She pretended to faint onto my bed.
  "So overdramatic." I rolled my eyes.
  She rolled off my bed and curtsied. "Thank you, I'll be here all week." When she stopped curtsying, she said, "There's a reason I got an A+ in Drama class and why I've been the lead in every school production."
  "Add amazing actress to the list."
She checked her watch and her eyes widened. "I need to head home. My mom is going to flip."
  "Good luck! Text me once she calls off the search party," I joked. "I'm going to go shower and get ready. Bye!"

  I was drying my hair when I noticed my phone was flashing on my dresser.

  I had multiple snaps from Amber:
  Have any plans today?
  You do now.
  Meet me at Vögeligärtli park.
  We're having a picnic!
  I'm bringing the food btw.

  I tossed the towel onto the bed and texted her back saying that I'd be there in an hour before heading to the grocery store.

  I pushed the squeaky cart through the beverages section and grabbed a bottle of pink lemonade and a bag of ice.
  After going to the cutlery aisle and throwing a pack of cups into my cart, I started making my way to the checkout counter. I froze when I spotted a familiar olive skinned guy with inky black hair evaluating the different brands of knives at the opposite end of the aisle.
  I was hoping that he wouldn't see me, but the noise of my squeaky wheel caused him to look over at me.
  A sly grin spread across his face as his eyes lit up with recognition.
  Dylan moved towards me and stopped right in front of my cart. "You're that girl that was with that guy that dragged Aurora away from my party, aren't you?"
  "Yeah. And?"
  "A bit feisty, aren't you?" He tilted my chin up with his cold finger.
  "Leave me alone." I slapped his hand away and took a few steps back.
  "I wish I would've met you before Aurora. I usually don't go for girls that are related to each other, but I'll make an exception for you. I'm busy this weekend, but do you have any plans next weekend?"
  I looked at him in disgust. "In your dreams." I tried to walk around him, but he extended his arm in front of me and blocked me.
  "You're not leaving until you agree to hang out with me next weekend. " He ran his other hand through his hair.

  Each snake on his head was coated in a thick layer of sticky gel. I examined them a little closer and saw that the overabundance of the gel was a pathetic attempt to hide the brew of grease that was peeking through his locks. His monthly expenditure on the goop must've been equivalent to the cost of his "rental house" for the party.

"Back off, hair gel."
"I guess I'll have to convince you." His eyes flickered with mischief. He took a step forward. And then another one.

  Before he could take another one, I grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back. I pressed it in between his shoulder blades, and he screamed out in pain.
  "Stay away from Aurora and me." I dug it further into his back before releasing him and shoving him into the shelf.
  Boxes tumbled off the shelves and piled onto him. 
  "Actually, stay away from all girls." I flashed him an innocent smile and sashayed away to the register with my groceries.

                           ~~

  "I have so much to tell you." I collapsed onto the checkered blue quilt with the lemonade and cups.