Closer to the Hashira

Chapter 6 

Y/N's POV

As I walk along the deck on the HQ, I see some of the other Hashira chatting- well some were yelling. Rengoku and Mitsuri were discussing breathing techniques, Sanemi was trying to pick a fight with Giyu, Muichiro- well he was just sitting there, Sanemi and Gyomei were talking about random things, and Uzui was painting his nails- so just being him. Mitsuri spotted me looking over at them and yelled over, "Y/N-San, Shinobu-Chan, Join us!". What? I look behind me to see Shinobu looking at them as well. I yelp in surprise, "Ah! Shinobu!". She just gives me a closed eyed smile before walking over to Mitsuri and picking up one of the mochi that was on a tray. I let out a sigh before walking over to the group but I feel someone tap me, "Hey, Y/N, why don't I make you look flashy, come on!". It was Uzui-San. "Um, sure I guess", I say before sitting down in front of him and he starts to painting my nails with the same green and pink he did on his. 

"Ooh, they match my hair!", I hear Mitsuri say as she pats her braids, emphasizing her point. I chuckle at her antics, "Yeah, they do". Shinobu looks over my shoulder this time, "You look good with nail polish Y/N". My cheeks grow a pink shade, "Thanks, Shinobu-San". "I agree, you look great!", Rengoku cheers as he crosses his arms with an excited smile. Obanai just stares at me while Gyomei-Sensei gives me his usual smile. And Giyu- was just sitting there- being Giyu. All the sudden my mouth is stuffed with Taiyaki and I stare at the one who did it. Of course, it was Mitsuri, "You looked hungry just sitting there and I have already given everyone else food!". Once I finish the treat, I look over at the watermelon haired woman, "Thank you Mitsuri, It's delicious!". "UMAI!", Rengoku yells, causing me to flinch and put my hand up in a defensive way. "Ah, sorry Y/N-San, didn't mean to scare you!", Rengoku says as he snacks on another mochi. I just wave him off saying, "It's alright".

"Oi would you two stop yelling so much, It's annoying", Sanemi says while he sits against the tree with his arms behind his head. Mitsuri pouts and so does Rengoku, before they could say anything, I perk up, "Says the one who's always causing fights, no eyebrows". Sanemi pops a blood vessel and grits his teeth, "Oh, shut up, and my eyebrows are fine". This time Uzui speaks, "Yeah, your none existent ones". Sanemi jumps to his feet, "Alright that's it get over here!". Sanemi starts to chase Uzui as they run laps around the HQ. Me, Shinobu, Mitsuri, and Rengoku just laugh at them.

I can tell I like it here.