Changes

Chapter 4

Authors POV

After Kanae had died, Shinobu started to change and so did Y/N. Y/N started to talk more and Shinobu started to smile more often to the point it made Y/N a little uncomfortable. A little while later, Shinobu's personality was an uncanny match to her sisters. Y/n smiled a little more often and started to talk more. Y/N saw Kanao like a younger sister. Kanao started to change as well, she smiled more often too. She still had that coin that Kanae gave her.

Small time skip

Y/N's POV

It was late at night and I was in the dining room brewing some tea while sitting at the kotatsu. (The small Japanese tables). Shinobu walks in with a smile on her face. "Good Morning", she says cheerfully. "Good Morning, Shinobu-san", I say happily. Even though Shinobu was smiling, I could see all of the built up rage in her eyes and her shoulders were a little tense. "Come and drink some tea, Shinobu-Chan", Kanao said waving her hand for Shinobu to come over. Shinobu sat at the table and we all drank some tea. However as soon as we were about to clean up the tea cups and kettle, we here a loud crashing sound come from one of the rooms nearby. I stand up with Shinobu and Kanao doing the same moments later. We all run into the room the crash came from. Once we get there we see a demon trashing the room. The demon sees us and says in a raspy voice, "Oooh, more food, well I didn't have much food for dinner so-". The demon lunge's at us. "What in bloody hell!", I scream and I throw a metal box at him, It was the only thing I had, my sword was in a different room! The box hits it in the head and it groans in pain. "I recommend moving", I hear Shinobu say and I move a few steps away. All the sudden, Shinobu took Kanae's sword and sliced the demons torso. She didn't cut off the head!? "Hah! You can't even cut off my head! How do you expect to defeat me!", He snarls but his mocking soon turns to screams as his body starts to form purple spots and he claws at his face in agony before he drops to the ground, his eyes and mouth wide open. We stared in aw as she put the sword back in its sheath and put the sword were it was then leaning on a nearby dresser. "That was AMAZING, Shinobu!", I yell and bring Shinobu into a tight hug. Kanao joins the hug as well. Well, she tried, she had her arms wrapped around our lower backs due to our height difference. "That was impressive"