𝘟

adriana was standing at the front gates of hogwarts with snow billowing around her, clinging to her hair

adriana was standing at the front gates of hogwarts with snow billowing around her, clinging to her hair. she pulled her cloak tighter around her body to stop the chill that was seeping into her bones. she took out her wand and tapped the gate once and it swung open to lead her into the castle.
standing outside the entrance hall, adriana went over the story she made in her head. soon, she was greeted by a old man with a long white beard and a pointy wizards hat.
"ah, you must be our new student." the old man greeted her warmly. adriana smiled, "yes sir, i'm so sorry i am late, i got caught up on the way here." the old man waved his hand dismissively, "no matter, no matter, you are here and safe, that is the main priority!" he chuckled, leading her into the castle. "now, first you'll be sorted into your house, i believe you were briefed on everything hogwarts has to offer before you arrived?" he asked, leading her to staircase with a large stone gargoyle in front of it, but as soon as the headmaster walked up, the gargoyle sprang out of the way to allow them in. "yes sir, i was." adriana followed the man up the staircase into an office of sorts. The interior of the headmaster's office itself is a large circular room with many windows and many portraits of the old headmasters and headmistresses.
professor dippet went over to one of the many shelves and picked up the sorting hat to bring it over to adriana. when the hat was placed on her head it started to voice itself in her head, well you aren't from this era are you child?
adriana wondered how the sorting hat knew this, but soon remembered it was literally in her head.
my child, i am a timeless piece of magic, i exist everywhere at once, nevertheless you need to be sorted again. hmm... any suggestions?
isn't that your job? she wondered sarcastically.
ah, you are correct, i think i know exactly where to put you... yes... better be... "SLYTHERIN!"
the hat shouted the last part out loud and professor dippet smiled jovially, seemingly pleased with the hat's decision.
~~~
the next day, adriana awoke in the slytherin dorm room. she felt out of place, strange, even though she'd grown up in this very castle.
she'd never been away from home for long, as her parents were quite protective of their only child, even if they didn't always show it.
soon, the other girls had begun to awaken as-well.
last night, when she arrived adriana met a few of the girls she'd be sharing her dorm with. everyone was intrigued with the pretty new beauxbatons transfer, as transfers were a rarity.
once adriana had gotten dressed in her new emerald and silver robes -courtesy of the headmaster- she had started the descent into the slytherin common room, only to be plowed over by a monkey. okay so it wasn't really a monkey, but the girl did let out a screech that honestly reminded adriana of the ape species. "oh my god, i'm so sorry!" the girl squealed, frantically looking over at adriana though a mop of curly black hair.
"it's fine, i needed to get a closer look at the floor anyways, is this marble?" she replied, trying her best to make the girl feel a bit better. the girl looked over at her, the corner of her lips quirked upwards. "well, i'm elaine fawley, and i swear i'm usually much more graceful than this." she offered, hoisting herself up and brushing off her skirt. adriana started her descent into the common room again, this time making it there without incident. "i'm adriana audelaire." she supplied, a painfully basic greeting, but a greeting nonetheless.
"oh! you're the new transfer!" elaine looked at her closely, examining her face. "you look very french." elaine stated dumbly, keeping pace with adriana as they walked down to the great hall for breakfast. adriana scoffed, "thanks?" elaine smiled at her, grabbing her book bag and hoisting it farther up onto her shoulder. "anyways, have you gotten your schedule yet? i suppose we'll have most of our classes together." she asked, turning another corner as the great hall came into view. adriana rummaged around in her bag for a second, eventually pulling out a crinkled piece of parchment, her timetable. handing it to elaine, she followed her over to the slytherin table, scooting past a few first years on the way there.
elaine sat down, patting the seat next to her, gesturing for adriana to sit down aswell. adriana complied, knowing very well she didn't know anyone else and didn't exactly want to sit alone. as elaine looked over her time table adriana plucked a few pieces of toast onto her plate, spreading some honey onto each of them. after elaine told her they had defense, potions and transfiguration together today, she stuffed the parchment into her bag, continuing to munch on her toast.
while elaine droned on about a sparkly headband one hufflepuff had on, -a horrible crime to the fashion world apparently- a group of boys decked in slytherin robes sauntered into the great hall. adriana looked up, midway through sipping her pumpkin juice. the boys were all quite good looking, of course adriana wasn't blind, but they had an air of arrogance about them that adriana immediately noticed. only a few of the boys truly stuck out though. one of them was standing behind another, a malfoy adriana assumed, tall and slender with porcelain skin, not unlike her own. he had cold dark brown eyes and his shoulder length, white gold hair was neat and wavy. he truly was an attractive man, with his chiseled and defined aristocratic features all purebloods seemed to have.
the next boy that caught her attention was standing beside malfoy, lanky and underweight with fair skin, the boy had a mad feel about him.
with his sunken brown eyes and his short, curly, black hair unkempt, adriana would've thought he looked quite ill, if it weren't for the malicious smirk on his chiseled face.
the last boy, the one standing front and center, towering over them all, was handsome and tall with pale skin, jet black hair, and dark brown eyes. he had a charming smile on his face, although it didn't quite meet his eyes adriana noticed. she knew this only because her own smile was often fake. she knew how it looked when you had to force one onto your face and hold your chin up high. she was a pureblood after all.
the gaggle of boys were sweeping though the great hall, heading straight for the slytherin table. adriana quickly reverted her attention back to elaine and pretended to care about a ravenclaw's too short skirt.
"you must be the beauxbatons transfer." adriana looked up and met the dark eyes of the man she just mentioned. "perhaps." she stated, placing her toast regretfully back onto her plate, she noticed the shiny prefect badge pinned on his robes. "headmaster dippet told me about you, he wants me to give you a tour of the grounds." he told her, setting his book down on the table and sat down across from her. "very well, my last class is potions, will that work?" she said, taking a sip from her pumpkin juice. "yes i believe it will, as i also have potions that period." he stated, darting his eyes across her face. she cleared her throat and sat her goblet down. the boy quirked up a brow and continued the conversation. dismissing adriana's attempt to conclude it. "tom riddle, slytherin prefect. i'll meet you after potions." he quickly stood up and strode off after this, leaving his empty plate untouched.
adriana sat there, mouth parted slightly as she watched him walk away. she'd just met the future lord voldemort, the snake she's meant to charm. how in the world was she supposed to charm a closed off prefect? he was gorgeous, girls were obviously swooning at him as he passed by, why in the world would he pay attention to adriana? she sighed, following elaine out of the hall, making her way to their first class.
her task was going to be a lot more complicated than she anticipated.

a/n
ahh tommy is here, he's gorgeous and brooding and omg SWOON.