Chapter 18 ~ Just you and I

=================================

I turned my head to the short boy beside me, a cheeky smile on his face.

"So, where exactly are we going? Or are you just planning to stare into my eyes all day? 'Cause I wouldn't mind that."

He spoke softly at the last part, his words made my heart flutter in my chest.

"My room, I really wasn't planning to go anywhere–"

"Perfect!"

He then removed his arm from my shoulder and linked his forearm with mine, pulling me towards to the dormitories.

When he had finally stopped dragging me by my arm we were at his dorm,

"Stay here, I'll be quick."

Kokichi told me before entering his room, leaving the door open a bit.

I know that he just left a minute ago but I was already curious of what was in his room; it's not like he said anything secretive that would genuinely make me suspicious but I just wanted to know why he told to stay put.

It's not like I'm someone unworthy of someone's trust, right?

...right?

Of course not, why would I think that, we're friends, best buddies!

Okay, maybe not that close but I'm someone Kokichi can trust in, someone that he could talk to if he needed hel–

"Why so serious?"

My train of thought was immediately put to a halt as my eyes widened to see Kokichi's face close to mine to the point where I could feel the warm puffs of air coming from his nose.

"S-Sorry, I was just thinking about something it's nothing important I promise."

I explained as I sweatdropped as I remembered last time when he wouldn't leave me alone because I kept zoning out when we were trying to escape using the tunnels.

Kokichi's face dropped slightly to a emotionless one, staring at me.

"What?"

I asked him, slightly concerned at his change in behavior.

He quickly turned his head away from me so I couldn't see his face before answering emotionlessly.

"Nothing."

I was ask him about the random shopping cart he had but I was cut off by his cheerful tone.

"C'mon c'mon! If you keep going at a pace like this I'll leave you behind~"

He said turning on his as he started running at a fast enough pace for me to catch up.

I just stared at the boy's form, coming to a realization.

"Oh wait, that's a lie!"

"Ne-heehee! I'm lying, no one will be sad if I die!"

"Who knows, I am a lair after all~"

"I'm sure you won't believe me when I say stuff like that, so I'll just keep lying..."

You just lied to me, didn't you?

"Wait up!"

I couldn't help but form a smile on my face as I chased after the short boy.

You'd think that the natural reaction to being lied to by someone you trust would usually be discouragement, anger, the feeling of being betrayed, right?

But just couldn't bring myself to feel that way because it means that I'm finally understanding Kokichi Ouma!

No one really understands you genuinely but if you'd let me get to know you, you wouldn't have to suffer alone anymore,

Cause you'd have me by your side.

• Timeskip •

"So what are we doing here again?"

"Oh I don't know, what do you think we're doing, doll?"

Kokichi looked down at me smiling brightly even though his words were obviously laced in sarcasm.

I turned my head to the boy a bit irritated in full honestly.

"You might wanna lower your expectations for me if you want to me understand why I'm in a shopping cart!"

I narrowed my eyes as I whisper yelled at the boy, to which he only giggled softly before pushing my pointed finger back to my body.

Truth be told even if I had spent an eternity with Kokichi I couldn't have guessed what we were doing.

That shopping cart that he (for some reason) had in his room, I was currently sitting within it, like a child.

Legs crossed and everything,

My back was pressed against the cold metal of the back of the shopping cart.

"

We're playing together of course!"

I could only sweatdrop at the boy smiling at him currently.

"Now come on, I'm tried of waiting!"

Kokichi pouted, puffing his cheeks out like child would do.

I smiled gently at him, finding his childlike behavior quite precious.

"I'm ready whenever you are, so go ahead."

He only giggled before replying,

"Alright!"

The gentle moment with Kokichi had only lasted a few minutes before it was entirely replaced with a very chaotic one.

=================================

Imma be honest, i very much underestimated writer a story without any plans what so ever, so I'm very disappointed in myself to say that this is most likely gonna be the last chapter.

And for my og readers, you have the right to be mad at me i completely understand and feel free to express your feelings, i would 100% do the same