"Or you just dont want to go with me?" I asked her which made her sigh. "Daryl,which kind of blackmail is this today na? From one thing to another,if I dont want to go with you and so?" she retorted,shutting the book she'd been reading and turning to glare at me.

        "I'm just saying...I'm not forcing you..." she did the cutting in this time. "Please let's just go,and dont ask me any nonsense again abeg" she warned,packing her bag in a split second and walking through the back door of the class and I found myself following suit.

         I noticed her turn back at intervals and I figured she was probably checking for Jawal. Deciding to ignore it,we walked in utmost silence and I didnt realise when I'd started counting how much steps it would take us to reach the intersection.

        "Do you have something else to eat? Won't you be hungry?" I questioned as we finally reached the intersection. "Dont worry about it" she stated blankly.

        "No wahala na,later" I told her,with a tight smile. "Bye" she greeted curtly before walking through the crowd of people whose current of movement opposed ours as they were coming from the refectory.

          I noticed her stop and greet someone,flashing that smile that she just couldnt give off whenever I was involved. Temi moved past her,walking straight towards me. I exhaled deeply as we walked together to our hostel as I knew what was about to come.

        "Daryl,didnt I tell you to leave her alone? What's your problem guy?" Temi questioned the minute we stepped into our room. "What's up Temz?!" Yomi's voice boomed through the walls of the hostel as I loosed the tie around my neck.

         Yomi looked between Temi who stood before our corner and I,who sat on the bed,carefully shedding off items of my school uniform off my body.

         "Oh,oh,oh,this matter" he caught on and even though I wasnt looking,I clearly knew what sort of daggers Temi was currently digging into my skin.

         "Daryl!" Temi called,much louder this time. "Temi,I'm not doing anything stupid,I swear" I stated lowly. "Guy,I go yarn you abeg,make I just chop first" I told him.

        "Oh it's true sef,you didnt come to ref" he realised "Where is that your yeye carrier( someone who carries things belonging to a refectorian eg food,snacks)?" Temi questioned,walking out of the corner.

        "Guy how far na?" Yomi chuckled,settling into Temi's bed which was opposite mine. "Fuck off man" I sneered at him which had him giving off a deep laugh.

         "Tuoyo!!!!" Temi's yelling hit my ears making me look up and finally notice that every single class lower than final year students had been punished on 'the square,probably by Yomi,the house captain,no wonder the room felt so quiet when I'd first stepped in,I'd been so out of it and I knew why.

         Our hostel was built in a four cornered manner,thereby housing a space at the middle of the four blocks,which we always referred to as 'the square' although it was actually a rectangle.

        "Bring Daryl's food to my hostel" Temi ordered before walking back into the room. "Yomi go your corner na" Temi snapped as he got back to the corner.

         "I don dey tell am since o" I added,finally taking off the pair of black socks from my feet and lying down on my bed.

         "Nawa o,person no fit dey una gist?" Yomi questioned. "Abeg come dey go jare" I snapped at him. "I go still hear am sha,na you know" he laughed while Temi simply rolled his eyes,slapping the back of Yomi's head he could walk out of the corner.