Boston

a/n ~ i'll be focusing more on the story side rather than the action, and focus more on ellie and logan's interactions. also, Logan is 16 years old and 5'7. Ellie's 14 and 5'4

LOGAN'S POV

(Flashback)
"RUN, GET AS FAR AWAY FROM HERE AS YOU CAN."
"No! I don't want to leave you."
"Please, Ellie. Run, go find some help."
"Please don't leave me."

(Present Day)
That day kept replaying in my head as I gripped my leg, and touched my face, rubbing the almost month old scar across my thigh and the scar the ran through my eyebrow to the bottom of my eye.

It was the last time I saw her. I ran and ran, trying to lead the runners away from her. I ran and fell off the edge of a hill, leaving this big gash on my thigh and face, and it's the only reminder I have of her.

I started to work work with these smugglers here in the Boston QZ. His name's Joel, and her names Tess. They smuggle things outside the wall and to whoever pays for it.

"It's us, open the door." I woke up to the sound of Tess and Joel knocking on the door.

"The fuck happen to you two?" They were covered in bruises.

"We had a drop to make."
"We, WE. Had a drop to make"
"You said you wanted to be left alone, remember?"
"I did say that, yeah." I grabbed two rags and threw it at them so they could clean up their faces.
"So let me guess, the deal went south and the client went off with our pills, is that correct" I thought that they got ambushed or something.
"The deal went off without a hitch." Joel said as Tess reached for her back pocket.
"Enough ration cards to last us a couple of months, easy."
I motioned to my face "You wanna explain all this then?"
"We got jumped on our way back by these two assholes, yeah they got a few good hits in but- look we managed."
"Are these 'assholes' still with us?"
Joel chuckled "Now that's funny"
As i opened my mouth to speak again Tess cut me off.
"These assholes. Robert fucking sent them."
"Our Robert?" I was taken aback as I thought he would be the last person to try to get us.
"Son of a bitch he's smart."
"Yea, but not smart enough. We found out where he's hiding."
My eyes widened "Does now work?"
"Oh we can do now." We all walked towards the door.

--Time Skip--

We had just gone through all of Robert's guys and we were chasing him. Once we caught up to him Tess smacked him with a metal pipe as Joel held down his arm

"Where are the guns?" I asked, pulling my pistol out of its holster.
"I can't- I can't tell you."
Joel applied more pressure to his arm.
"Where the fuck, are my guns?" I kneeled close to him.
"I sold 'em!"
"You what?"
"I had to, I didn't have a choice"
"We always have a choice."
He scoffed.
"Who did you sell them to?"
"I can't say."
"Tell me, or Joel here, is going to snap your arm in two"
"The Fireflies! But, we can storm in there and take those guns, whaddya say?" He was desperate
"I'll think about it"
I pulled out my gun and I shot him in the head.
"You guys think he knows my answer now?" I asked Joel and Tess in a sarcastic manner.
"We need to go to the Fireflies and say this was a mixup" Tess wanted to get the guns back.
I heard feet scraping along the gravel.
"There you go, Queen Firefly" Joel motioned to Marlene.
"Marlene. You aren't looking so hot" I snickered.
"Where's Robert?"
I stepped away from Robert's now dead body.
"I needed him, alive."
"Those guns he gave you, they weren't his to sell, and we want them back."
"Doesn't work that way Logan-"
"The hell it doesn't"
"I paid for those guns. You want them back? You're gonna have to earn them."
Tess motioned to her back pocket "How many cards?"
"I don't give a damn about ration cards. Smuggle something for me, then i'll give you back your guns, and then some."

We heard FEDRA soldiers closing in on us so we had to make a run for it, following Marlene to the guns.

--Time Skip--

Joel, Tess and I got separated as a FEDRA agent caught me but i held him off and stabbed his neck, releasing his grip on me. I was close to the North Tunnel, so I just went there instead, planning on meeting up with them later in the day as their smuggling doesn't take longer than a few hours.
Then I heard the lock move and i pointed my pistol at the door, only for Joel to walk in and someone else but I turned around after seeing it wasn't a threat.

"What are you doing here?"

ELLIES POV

"What are you doing here?" I closed the door as Joel started talking to the other person. I was being cautious so i pulled out my switchblade an old friend gave me.
"We got separated so i came here." It was a low voice but I swore i knew that voice.
"Who do you got there?" The person asked.
"Her names Ellie, believe it or not but we are smuggling her." Joel scoffed.
"Williams?" The person turned around.