All the cousins, including Badr turned around to glance at them.

Nooriya let out a small laugh, when Hanniya glared at Urwa in return. Her Nineteen year old cousin (Urwa), was always the outgoing and bold one from amongst them all, she spoke without thinking sometimes, which often lead to a whole lot of scoldings from her mother.

"She's just feeling a little under the weather today."Nooriya answered,winking in Haaniya's direction secretly.

" Acha theek hy(Oh okay)Let's get going then! "Urwa clapped her hands in excitement and rushed out the door,her shoes dangling in her hands.

"Us larkhi ko koi sabr nahi hy. (That girl has no patience)" Badr shook his head at his little sister, walking out the front door.

Nooriya smiled at her Mamu,who walked in the middle of  her and Roshni, his arms wrapped around their shoulders.

"Let's get this night started girls and boys!" Their mamu shouted while closing the door behind him.

The cousins cheered in response, all of them going to their respective cars.

==============================

It had been a long while since Nooriya came to the bazaar, she almost forgot how crowded it was,especially on chand raat.

Roshni who was walking a few feet away from her, rushed to her side and held onto her hand tightly.Her sister nor her were really a fan of big crowds but they wouldn't miss the yearly tradition for the world.

The air smelt of freshly fried Pakora's and samosa's,the loud chatter of men seated on the plastic chairs, could be heard even a distance away.

Little girls and boys who held colorful balloons in their hands, ran around the place, chasing each other,innocent grins on their faces.

Owners and workers, ushered shoppers inside,claiming that they had the softest of materials, and finest of jewelry.

They followed their uncle and Badr, inside their usual Churiyan shop,A man with a salt and pepper beard, welcomed them inside and displayed his new collection.

"Saab,this is the new collection that arrived this morning." The worker placed multiple boxes in front of them, which held a collection  of different colors and designs.

Nooriya watched, as all the girls fought over the best ones from among the collection,it's true what her Nana Abu once said, old habits die hard.

They did that since they were kids,even though there were over fifty different types and designs.

"I'm surprised you're not over there, cat fighting with the rest of them." Rayan leaned on the counter behind him, standing a few feet away from Nooriya.

"You know I don't do foolish antics like them,the girls are too immature for their age." Nooriya rolled her eyes.

" They look like a bunch of idiots." Rayan glanced at them, grinning.

"They do!Just pretend we don't know them!"Nooriya exclaimed,walking on the other side of the shop.

" I was doing that since the time we came here. "Rayan followed Nooriya around, watching her look at different items.

" Help me out please,I can't seem to find the right one." Nooriya huffed, holding a set of white glass bangles in her hand.

"I better warn your future husband never to shop with you, because of your picky nature." Rayan said jokingly.

"Oh please!I feel sorry for your wife, who has to endure your lame puns almost every single day."

"You just one of the haters and you know what they say, haters gonna hate, I don't carrot all."

"Let's just focus on what we supposed to be doing." Nooriya shook her head in amusement at Rayan's silliness.

Rayan looked around for a few seconds and then his eyes caught a set, which was placed on the top shelf.

"Bhai saab, please show me that one over there." Rayan called out to the worker.

Nooriya took the box carefully out of his hands and immediately she knew it was the one, it would also match her Eid outfit.

"Shukriya for helping me Ray Ray." Nooriya said, giving him a small smile.

"If I wasn't accompanying you now, you would be standing here till next Eid." Rayan said teasingly.

"Don't flatter yourself now, it's not like I asked you to choose my wedding dress." Nooriya huffed.

"Talking about wedding dress, I'm sure you'll be a typical bridezilla on your wedding day." Rayan let out a chuckle and sprinted out of the shop, before Nooriya could slap him.

Nooriya shouted idoit after him , and then walked to her mamu, who was paying for all the girls items.

" Those look beautiful Aapi,I have one similar to yours. "Roshni came and stood besides Nooriya and took hold of her hand once again.

"Chalo Bacho(Come children), let's get the flower bangles and then we can have something to drink." Hamad Mamu called out loudly over the noise.

Everyone walked down the narrow pathways, in groups of two's. The flower shop was on the other side of the bazaar, but none of the girls complained about their aching feet, because excitement consumed them, Phool(flowers) was definitely their favorite part of the night.

As soon as they stepped into the  shop, the sweet smell of roses filled their nostrils, every bunch looked fresh with a few droplets of water on it's delicate petals.

"We'll have twenty four flower Bangles, in white and orange,please."Badr told the man and handed him the amount.

After waking around for another hour, they decided to have some refreshing falooda, the best drink to have in the summer of Pakistan,while conversing about childhood memories.

And that's how every chaand raat was spent in their family.

==============================