49

-Rose-Present-

" It is hard to let it all go
Let the past just disappear
Try to run time from an old life
But it always drags me down."
- Falling apart by Michael Schutle

Stretching out my arms, I open my eyes and tilt my head up. Will is watching me, a tired smile on his face. I press my hand against his chest and lean up slightly to look at him. Our legs are wrapped together.

"What time is it?" My voice comes out raspy out of tiredness and I rub my eyes. Will leans over to reach for his phone and turns it on.

"It is eleven in the morning." He mumbles in response. I groan, burrowing my face in his chest. At some point, I have to go back home and confront my lying father but right now, I just want to lie beside Will.

"Can we stay here forever?" I mumble into his chest, feeling his heart beat against my cheek.

"Sure but I don't think we will survive very long without food and alcohol." He comments and I lean up again, rolling my eyes.

"Alcohol, really?" I say, my expression deadpanned and he shrugs.

"If I had to stay somewhere forever, it definitely wouldn't be in this bed, in this house and in this town." Will mumbles, throwing an arm over his eyes. I nod in agreement.

"Fine, we'll travel to Paris or Barbados or somewhere, find a house and then spend forever in that bed." I grumble. The more I talk about it, the more I want to pack up and leave. This way I wouldn't have to see either of my parents again. It could be just Will and I on a beach. Cooper, Brooke and Ben can visit on weekends.

"Sounds like a plan. First, I'm making us breakfast and you are going to eat the entire thing." He tells me sternly before getting up. I groan but let him pull me up with him.

I'm still dressed in one of his shirts but it is so big on me that it drops past my shorts. He leads me downstairs and I'm glad that his parents aren't home to see me dressed like this.  We walk into the kitchen together and I sit on the island.

"You don't know how to cook." I say slowly, as it has just occurred to me. He shrugs and picks out a few ingredients.

"I can figure it out." Will states and I raise my eyebrows. He has such a childlike expression on his face as he scrolls through recipes on his phone. I've never seen him look like this before and it is so amusing.

As he attempts to cook, my eyes drop down his body. His chest and arms are so well built and his abs are so perfectly chiselled that I'm half convinced he's a young god. Will's jaw is tightened as he looks down at his phone and looks so sharp. Will is the kind of handsome that takes my breath away and makes my heart clench.

He starts mixing the ingredients, frowning as it isn't doing what it is supposed to do. I bite back a laugh, get off the counter and start showing him how to make the pancakes. He raises his eyebrows in surprise.

"You forget that Marissa taught me how to cook when I was younger." I mumble, stirring the ingredients and he rolls his eyes. "Do you know what's funny? Both my parents suck most of the time, but Marissa is like my parent as well. I would never admit it to her but she is most likely the most amazing person I have ever met."