Chapter 9: Per Ora

Start from the beginning

Tumaas ang kanang kilay niya sandali.

"Because?"

"Nalaman ko na nagsinungaling siya sa akin...but that lie could not have hurt me in a physical way, instead it could've harmed her..and that angered me..pissed me off even, because she didn't tell me. I was angry at myself for not knowing because..if something bad happened to her...I don't know what I would do...maybe I'll lose my mind, is that even possible?"

Napalagok akong muli ng wine. My blood is boiling as I remember that sick man outside her door. Tony fucking Lopse. What angered me more is that I found out that he basically owns the building. I had the urge to buy the whole thing but that would seem overboard, so I just assigned guards to her building.

Nakatingin pa din sa akin si Pelocci.

"And..we've been getting along and then she just dropped me with 'I do not want your help and friendship' to my face. I should not be hurt or angry but I was....sa ngayon hindi kami okay dahil umaakto ako na parang gago..ignoring her because I was hurt and wanted to give her space..to think...but I can't sleep properly knowing that we're not okay..I can't sleep knowing that I am causing her pain but I am selfish..I am acting like an ass, because I was hurt."

She shook her head and drank her wine, she reached on the coffee table and poured more.

"Ang hypothetically 'her' na ito ay 'yung nakakita ng titi mo kahit hindi pa kayo nagse-sex, lagi mong sinasamahan na ma
galakad pauwi, hintayin sa diner, at ginawan mo pa ng audiobook kasi nga ayaw mo na siyang mapagod pa na magbasa? What's her name?" She looked up as if she was wondering. "Ah, I remember....Jillian, there." Nakangisi niyang sagot sa akin.

Inisang lagok ko ang wine.

"Si," Sagot ko. "So, what's your advice?"

She took a sip of her drink.

"One thing, mi amigo."

"And that is?"

"You are fucking stupid." She pointed me with the mouth of her wine glass.

Umawang sandali ang labi ko.

"Excuse me?"

She giggled.

"What I am saying is, matalino ka Creed and right now you're not very smart." Iiling-iling niyang sagot at ininom ang alak sa kanyang baso.

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay ko.

"What do you mean?"

Dumaing siya.

"My ghad, kailangan bang mag-charades pa tayo? Look, a friend would not just do everything that you just did just because you merely care and wanted to be friends. Does not ring any bells?"

I paused for a moment.

"Are you saying that I want Jillian to be more than just a friend?" I asked with a ridiculous tone.

"Ting, ting! Congratulations, nahulaan mo din. Eksakto, mi amigo, may feelings kana para kay Jillian!" Sagot niya at umiling. "Fanculo, hindi ko inakala na ikaw ang mauuna!" Tatawa-tawa pa niyang sabi at ibinaba ang wineglass niya. She grabbed the whole bottle and drank it.

Imbes na pigilan ko siya ay napatitig na lang ako sa kanya, the thought of having Jillian as more than friends has my heart running for miles.

"No."

She grinned.

"Si."

I can't be falling for Nerdy without me knowing, what the hell? Mabilis akong tumayo at binuksan ang cabinet ko ng wine sa may kitchen at kumuha ng bote ng white wine. I opened the cork and drank the whole thing. Bumalik ako sa pagkakaupo. I raked my hair with my hand.