/ RECORD 16 /

So we sat in the den for half an hour or so. I was just sitting in the floor meditating on the interesting fact that is being capable of blinkin. Yes, I spaced out thinking about blinking. Colin was drawing on the other side of the room and Puro was just reading.

{ "I ate dirt as a child."
( "What?"
{ "Just trying to break the awkward silence here."
< "I'd rather not have any noise right now, I'm reading something."

Curious, I got near Puro and looked at the cover of the book. "Phoenix" was the title.
{ "What's this book about?"
< "This girl is kidnapped by some bad guy, and the good guy is trying to save her from the guy's bad guy team with these guns and fancy clothing."
{ "The Mafia?"
< "I think that's their name..."

The plot of the story struck very close to home, my current situation to be precise. It may not be the mafia, but there surely are fancy-clothed guys with guns in here.

{ "...What happens to the guy? Does he win?"
< "I wouldn't be reading this if I already knew. Although..."
{ "...Although...?"

Puro turned about a hundred pages backwards and handed the book out to me. < "Read here!"

With the gun of his adversary now in his hand, Onitsed caught the man in the alley and cornered them, pointing the gun to their head as rage pumped throughout his heart.

"Weren't you to die here, I'd ask you to tell your boss to fuck himself."

And with a loud gunshot, he died. They didn't get to react before his head was pierced by a deadly bullet from far away. His hope spot, his opportunity to flip the tables around, all of it was lost to go along with his life by an outside factor; a man outside the argument who saw the opportunity to attack.

Onitsed flinched in fear as he closed his eyes, pulling the gun's trigger to no avail while dropping it at the same time. The loud noise of the gunshot shook him from opening his eyes for a while.

When he looked back, the man he had cornered to a barbed fence had been replaced with a bloody corpse. Onitsed took a while to understand the situation, somebody had fired a bullet and he saw a dead man located right where the other person was, albeit in a different position, unnatural for the predicament the felon was.

Onitsed couldn't move. Something was keeping him from such. The cold water caused by the roaring skies didn't cease, yet he felt like if it no longer existed, but even so, not even the ceasing of rain could avoid him from feeling the cold weather byproduct of the night. He finally came back to his senses when he saw a man walk down the emergency stairs of one of the nearby departments, one of which he used to live at, a large knife in his right hand, a sniper rifle on his left. He walked towards the corpse of his co-worker and lifted it up, pinning it against the barbed fence. That's when Onitsed realized that he was looking at himself this whole time.

He walked towards the man and tried to push him away, but regardless of the strength of his movement, his hands and body bumped backwards like if he had the density of a balloon. Nothing he did to move affected the outside world, he couldn't kick anything, he couldn't push anything, he tried to scream, but no noise came from his mouth, he tried to distract the man, but he was ignored. Onitsed then came to accept the fact that he had died. He cried, but no tears came from his eye sockets, he whined, but no noise came from his mouth. He sat down the crime scene as the man responsible for his murder cut his body to pieces and stuffed it inside of a nearby trash bag."

The guy died.

Not creepy in the slightest.

Yep. 

{ "So what happens to the guy next exactly?"
< "He meets this ghost fire bird that will let him revive at 4 AM every single time he dies on the condition that Onitsed will lend him his girlfriend's hand in marriage."

Yeah... I couldn't possibly compare that last tidbit of info with anything that's going on in here.