27

Lori made the Summers basement her work station and set everything up there. She had the shock machine and also cameras to document her work.
This was a possible major scientific breakthrough that could one day help millions of people.

Lori walked to the camera and pressed record.
"This is Dr Lori De Luca Stevens. What I'm about to do today is probably one of the biggest things in my career.
I have five year old twins whose memories have to be altered because one of them is a psychopath and sending him away without any memories of his past life would be the best solution.

The second twin is the victim. He will have no recollection of his brother.

I'm calling this Project Gemini."

Lori further explained the incidents that occurred with Ray and how he was a possible threat in the future. She also talked about the history of mental illness in the Summers family. She had to document everything.

Jay was the first twin put in the chair. Lori promised him this would only hurt a little bit and it would make him feel better afterwards.
She placed electrodes on different parts of his head like the forehead, temples and back of his head.

The parts such as prefrontal cortex, amygdala, hippocampus and cerebellum were responsible for memory and they were in the front, back and sides.

"Project Gemini test one." Lori said and switched the machine on.
Jay's very small body started to shake as shock travelled to his brain.
Saliva escaped from his mouth and tears from his eyes.
The sight was heartbreaking but this was for the best.

Lori switched the machine off and looked at Jay, who was slowly coming to.

"Sweetheart. Do you know who I am?" She asked.

Jay breathed heavily but nodded.
"Auntie Lori."

"Okay sweetie. Just sit tight for me." She said and walked to the camera.
"First test fail. Subject appears to have knowledge of who I am."

She walked back to Jay.
"We are going to try again okay."

Jay shook his head.
"I don't want to. It hurts, I'm scared." He said and cried.

"I know sweetie." Lori sympathized. She switched the machine on again.

The results were the same for the first two days but changed on the third day.
Jay was asked a series of questions and he knew no answer nor had memories of anything.

The process with Ray was the same with Jay though his only took two days.
All his memories were gone by the second day.

*

Both Emma and Jay were in tears after watching what Project Gemini was about.
They were shaken to the core.

"I can't believe my mom would do such a thing." Emma said as she sniffled. There was still footage left on the disk but she could not watch anymore.

"We were just kids." Jay stated as he wiped his eyes.

"This can never get out, you know that right? It will ruin your father's reputation." Emma said as she got up from the floor. No wonder Ray made her do this. He knew the revelation would be gut wrenching and he wanted Emma to suffer. This was bad.

"Maybe it is what he deserves!" Jay expressed in anger. He got to his feet.
"What kind of father would allow that to happen to his sons!"

"You saw what my mom said in the video. Ray was most probably going to kill you." Emma tried to defend her mother's honor. Lori was trying to protect Jay.