20

Emma, Jay and Ethan got to the Hastings house and made their way to the backyard. There was a small cottage located further from the house and that was where the party was.

Emma was furious as she walked through the crowd of teenagers, searching for Liam. She did not understand why he was being reckless with his health. He suffered from massive headaches just a some days go.

A few students greeted Emma and acknowledged her presence but she ignored all of them.
She finally located Liam. He was standing with the usual group of friends. They all had drinks in their hands.

"Baaaaaabe... you made it! You're still not mad at me right?" Liam said and asked, he was slurring his words.

"We are leaving!" Emma instructed.

"Aw come on. Let's stay and have fun." Liam whined. "Here, have a sip."

Emma knocked the beer can out of Liam's hands, it's content spilling onto the lawn.
"You're drunk, I'm taking you home."

"Emma? What is going on?" Josslyn asked.

"What is going on?" Emma asked in disbelief. "What is going on is that you guys let Liam get drunk and then get on top of a table while you know he just got out of the hospital. What if he fell and hit his head?"

"We would not have let that happen." A female voice said, it was Adelaide.

Emma glared at her, her eyes in thin slits.
"I was really not talking to you. I was talking to Josslyn. Myyy frriennnd!"

"Is there a problem between the two of you?" Connor asked. Everyone had their eyes on Emma and Adelaide.

"I don't know. Emma, is there a problem?" Adelaide asked with crossed arms.

"No. I'm just here to pick my boyfriend up. Is there a problem with that?" Emma asked. No one said anything.
She then faced Liam and cupped his face.
"Let's go home, okay?"

Liam nodded.
Jay and Ethan helped him walk while Emma grabbed his crutches.

"Can we stay over at your place? I can't take Liam to his house like this and my dad won't like this either." Emma asked Jay.

He nodded.

"Thanks. I'll meet you there. I just have to text Liam's dad and say he is spending the night with me and then text my dad and say I'm spending the night with Liam." Emma said with a small smile.

"Sure thing. I'll see you soon." Jay smiled. "I'm gonna drop Ethan off as well."

"Goodnight Emma. I'll see you around." Ethan stated.

"Yeah and thanks for tonight." Emma expressed with a smile.
She watched as Jay and Ethan got into Jay's Audi and drove off.

Liam was already falling asleep in the passenger seat. After making sure he was buckled in, Emma made her way to the driver's side.

"Emma?" A voice called out.
Marcus hesitantly walked towards Emma, but he kept a safe distance.

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay. What happened back there was sort of intense." He said with a small chuckle.

Emma was not sure what to think of this. First Marcus wanted absolutely nothing to do with her now he was here checking up on her. It made no sense.
She wanted to let him have it but she was exhausted after tonight. She had no fight left in her.

"Thanks...but I'm okay." She told him.

"Okay." Marcus nodded as he stood there. A look of uncertainty plastered on his face.