Suffocate

The two made direct eye contact. the platform George stood upon began moving with a sharp jolt followed by loud changing noises as it shifted across the sea of lava below him. All the emotions he felt towards Dream slowly began to build up as the platform neared the destination. 'what am I to say? Should I yell at him? what do I do..' George's thoughts began racing but were shortly interrupted by the loud clang and snap of the platform locking into place as it had finally reached the cell. Was Dream always this breath taking up close?

"I'm bringing the platform back and dropping the lava. once i do so the barricade in front of Dream will drop..if you need me just holler" on que the platform made another snap as it disconnected from the cell and slowly went back to where Sam stood. ever so slowly did the Lava fall back in place until finally they were sealed in.

The stood in silence as George watched the barricade in front of Dream drop, they now officially stood face to face. All George's emotions finally caught up to him, anger and relief flutter up to his heart as he lifted his head to straight up at Dream.

The white smiley mask that Dream always wore was cracked and chipped to reveal one half of his face, and the little bit of freckles that painted the upper part of his cheeks and just around his nose. George could only admire. He could only melt further as that voice he loved so dearly broke through silence around them, breaking the thick wall of anger that George had put up.

"you finally came..I was practically suffocating to see you" His teeth flashed a cheeky smile, no..not cheeky..it was fake, there was so much pain in the one eye that showed through the broken half of his mask. That smile was forced. 

"yeah.." George stared at him for a moment before Dream spoke again. "Are you happy to see me? you seem so-" Dream was cut off as George slammed his foot down and his hands balled into a fist of anger. "happy?! don't even start with that! Do you even know why you're here?!" George had just suddenly snapped, just all those flashbacks came rushing back to him like the force of an overly large wave. "if i recall you said you never cared about me! ring  a bell? You don't 'give a f*ck about anything" George threw up his hands and made a very poor mocking voice. "You pushed your friends aside and went rogue! We had your back! then you turn around and ditch us! you hurt us!"

Dream had never seen this side of George before, it pained him dearly, it was killing him to hear this. "George..it's what had to be done" That only fueled George's anger. "Bull! that's bull!" George stepped closer and jabbed his finger at Dream's chest harshly. "Sapnap and I were just your pons weren't we?! you used us just to achieve your goals! and to what? blow up an nation?! you had a dream and we followed it! i was there when they took you..I wanted to jump out and help you..but once I heard everything i just lowered my sword and zipped my lips..the things you did behind my back..the lies you told us" George's voice went quiet for a moment. "what else was a lie..what else have you lied to us about?"

"George can you just calm down? You know i'd never hurt you intentionally-" Yet again George cut Dream off and a harsh punch to the face. The mask cracked and fell off his face in to separate pieces. "You didn't seem to care when you blew up the community house! the thing that our little Dream team built! Why would you throw it all way?!"

Dream winced softly as he touched two finger to the side of his head where that warm metallic tasting liquid dripped down the side of his head and curving around his chin as if shaping it. "it was all in the moment..George I'm really sorry" 

Dream's soft voice was no longer having an affect on George like how it used to, no longer did it comfort him nor make him smile. "you know how you said you were suffocating as you waited for me? Yeah well..have fun suffocating again" George turned his back to Dream and hollered out to Sam.  And on que the barricade that separated the two was up again, Dream no longer in reach of his friend.

--

"It all happened so fast. One minute George and I are smiling at each other, the next George his shouting in my face, something i deserve, he has every right to be angry" The quill danced along the paper of the book that Dream held, "Should I keep waiting? I'm crying out for help..Is it ignorance? or selfishness? You said stay here but I'm running out of air..Should I move on?" Dream rested the back of his head against the wall behind him. The quill dropped from his hand and the journal slid off his lap and fell onto the harsh, cold, obsidian floor. "I hope you know..as I wait I suffocate" and with that those salty warm tears streamed down his face. He would forever be alone to rot in his cell, for he has been sentenced for life.

(happy ending? haha..What's that? Good nights rest? wouldn't know em!)