Chapter Eight - A Deal with the Enemy

Start from the beginning

I'm not on edge - Remus

Harry smiled at his adoptive parents. Setting the letter down he picked up his copy of the daily prophet. Sure enough, him being sorted into Slytherin was on the front page.

He groaned, "Blaise, please don't tell me you're some kind of seer too."

The boy in question unfrocked his own newspaper, smiling a bit, "None of the sort, just smart."

Harry rolled his eyes and started reading, expecting the worse. Although, nothing that bad came, sure there was the stuff about him possibly hanging out with Death Eaters, or how he might get up trouble in the school, or how he might be just like a pure-blood with the same prejudices, but Harry was just glad that no one was comparing him to Voldemort. Harry paused, in this life the only thing Harry had in common with Voldemort was being sorted into Slytherin. He smirked on the inside, that wouldn't be a problem this time around, well, unless it got out that he was a parselmouth again, which he wasn't planing to let happen.

.         .         .         .         .         .         .

Harry made his way through the halls to his first Defense Against the Dark Arts class. He'd just come from double potions with the Gryffindor's. Snape hadn't said anything at his name this time but continued right along with the list. Harry had sat with Neville, seeing as he hadn't really talked to his Godbrother yet, much to the classes confusion. Gryffindors and Slytherins had a a huge feud so they were all surprised to see two laughing with each other. They'd been the first to finish, their potion being perfect, Harry even managing to explain everything to Neville in a way that made sense to the boy. Harry entered the classroom and took a seat with Blaise and Draco. He still didn't know what to do about Quirllmort (as he liked to call them) and he really didn't want anything to do with them. Though, Harry had forgotten how absolutely unbearable and incredibly annoying Quirll's fake stutter was, he felt bad for everyone who had no clue what he was teaching, those who didn't already know the whole course.

After half an hour of listening to Quirll ramble on Harry dragged his hands down his face, if only he could make some sort of deal with Voldemort just so that he'd loose the stutter. Harry straightened up, that was it! He could make some sort of deal with Voldemort and get him to leave him alone until he graduated! In that time he could collect all of the Horcruxes and kill Voldemort as soon as he was away from Hogwarts. Then the school wouldn't be in rubbles and he'd be able to have a regular school experience without fearing for his life every year. Though Harry would need something to give in return, there's no way Voldemort would leave him alone if he just asked nicely. The stone! That was what Voldemort was at the school for in the first place! Besides, it wouldn't matter if he came back now or in fourth year through the ritual that he'd done. Harry was so exited he almost didn't notice his stuttered name being called to answer a question.

By the time class was over Harry had a plan thought out, it helped that he didn't have to pay any attention since he already knew everything. He stuck around and waited for everyone to leave, telling Blaise, Draco, and Theo that he'd meet them in Charms, their next class.

"Professor? Do you have a minute? I'd like to speak with you."

"O-Of course, M-Mr. P-P-Potter-Black."

Harry flicked his wrist, the door locked and and he cast a mufflentio charm around them.

"Both of you." He clarified.