Prompt #3

DC sighed, rushing through the hallway of a foreign building, California and Louie following him as the three of them went to collect their idiot. 

An hour and a half ago the states had been on vacation, wandering through Paris, France of all places. They had split up, agreeing to meet at the Eiffel Tower just before it lit up for dinner. 

An hour ago, DC had gotten a call from a very angry America, telling him to collect the others, including Florida, who had gotten himself arrested, and come home.

Half an hour ago, DC had managed to round up all of the other states and sent them to wait at the airport while he went to collect Florida. Louisiana went with him because he knew the stressed government would need help controlling his friend. California went with to help keep DC from killing the rambunctious state afterwards.

Now.

The three of them stood in the lobby of the police station as Florida was led out of the detainment room, giggling drunkenly. 

DC sighed and looked back at Louisiana, "Ask them what he did." 

Louisiana cleared his throat and spoke to the policewoman currently unlocking Florida's handcuffs. She blinked then replied, sounding more than a bit amused. Louie chuckled and shook his head as Florida stumbled to his side, still letting out small giggles.

"She said he was leaning over the bannister of the Tower saying he was flying. Scared the tourists," Louie fondly ruffled Florida's hair. 

DC groaned quietly, migraine already twisting his nerves. "Let's go." He thanked the police woman and led the group outside. 

"Florida," California said, "you're the reason we can never have anything nice."

"Excuse you!" Florida said loudly. "I was a superhero for ten whole minutes!" 

"And in that time, vigilante, you managed to get arrested." California sighed, "And we" he gestured to the rest of them, "had to come save you."