adoption and artillery

Start from the beginning

"It's not really a surprise he kept me a secret." He thinks aloud. "I'm adopted and quirkless. If this got out to the media I'd be a huge target. Hell, I'm pretty sure I already am one." Izuku looks up and smiles wickedly. "Which makes this classroom the absolute safest place for me. 

Thankfully, this silences everyone enough for Izuku to continue. Unknowingly to him, adopted and quirkless flits around everyone's head as he speaks, keeping them silenced. 

"What period do you even have right-" 

The door opens softly to reveal Present Mic himself before it stops three-quarters of the way open - when he makes eye contact with Izuku. 

"Listener?" Mic takes a second to look around as if to make sure he's really at UA before stalking in and placing his books next to Izuku's legs. "Where's your dad?" 

He doesn't get a response, however, as Izuku is drilled into place with a horrified look. "Home? I thought you were taking care of him! I left you a note in- oh" Both of them simultaneously groan before Izuku continues. "That means he's definitely coming."

Mic nods and runs a hand down his face. "I can't believe you left him alone like that. You have school, too." Izuku was about to respond when the door opened the rest of the way and in popped a panting Aizawa, cheeks flushed red and sweating. 

Conveniently not noticing his son from behind the English teacher, his face contorts to a scowl. "He left again." He stopped himself from saying more upon noticing cute red shoes popping from next to his co-worker. "To come teach my class?" He finishes lamely.

"Izuku." He finally gives a name to the greenette, the awaiting class hungrily eating up the interaction. "How happy was Nezu for you to be here?" 

Surprisingly, Eraserhead yawns and takes a few calm steps towards his son. "Surprisingly happy. It actually kinda freaked me out." Not surprised, a tired. "Yeah. He's been wanting you to attend for a while." Came as a reply. 

Although seemingly normal to the class, having already been admitted to the school, Izuku's mind was spinning in circles. "But I'm quirkless." He reasoned. 

- "You're powerful." Aizawa replied back. 

"I'm useless."

- "You're smart, Izuku."

"I'm just trained." The boy shook his head. "Nothing really special."

-"You're welcome for that, by the way." Aizawa took Izuku's wrist to lead him outside as they argued lightly, on their way to train while the rest of the class took English. The door closed softly behind him, and the class frowned at the mentality in quirkless people. As a society, they should be ashamed.

And as heroes, their morals weren't gonna let them forget this.

~~~

Soon enough, double English was over. Following a hyper entrance, All Might rushed the kids to the changing room for field training, taking up all lessons until lunch. 

By this time, the students had assumed Aizawa had taken his son home, so to file out of the changing rooms and find them both sweating bullets in training clothes came as a shock. From the outside, it appeared Aizawa had attempted to just teach Izuku from an onlookers perspective but was having trouble holding him back as his son got competitive. Despite this, he kept completely on the offence.

Not appearing to notice the students, Izuku threw a swift punch to Aizawa's side that got dodged, driving straight into a sidekick slightly grazing his ribcage. Pulling back immediately but still driving his father into a corner, the boy frowned as he threw a swift jab to Aizawa's jaw that got completely blocked. Another punch was quick to land at his shoulder, throwing him off stance.