ambush?? tea

sky was confused. first he and the other links fell from a portal, (unexpectedly) and landed face first in the sand. (also unexpectedly)

obviously it was wind's hyrule, and if the sand and saltiness to the air wasn't an indicator, you would know by the sheer joy that crossed his face.

and so sky found himself being dragged by the sailcloth towards wind's house to meet his grandma and little sister.

until they were ambushed.

the group was near a forest, (idk if there's anything like this i've never played the game but bear with me) and none of the links seemed to recognize the figure in the hood. (wind, in fact, did, but nobody realized that)

"c'mon link, don't you recognize me?" the voice said, in a tone that would've seemed playful if they didn't have a scimitar out and in an offensive position.

"well, i would be stupid not to, it's pretty obvious. drama queen." wind shot back, with an actual playful smirk on his face. (sky couldn't see the figure's face, but they seemed intent to kill.)

"wind? who is this?" time asked, obviously concerned if it was a dark link. wind didn't reply, too busy teasing the figure.

and then the fight started. wind waved off the help that wild and warriors were rushing to offer, and circled around the figure.

they leapt at him.

parry.

block.

dodge.

swipe.

block.

stab.

parry.

slash.

dodge.

turn.

stab.

slash.

feint.

hit.

"two out of three?" the hooded figure asked, with their hood somehow still intact. definitely not for drama.

"well, i'll beat you either way, so whatever." wind replied, in his element.

they continued to fight, and it seemed practiced. as if they had fought together so much, their fighting styles had developed as so.

the hooded person came close to hitting once, but after a particularly tricky move that involved a couple large leaves in the face, (how did he plan that?) wind won the next round as well.

"alright, do your dramatic reveal or whatever shit you've been planning, i think these guys are antsy" wind said, with a sword to the other's neck.

"alright, alright. i- hang... hang on..." the hood was pinned in! as they were struggling to unpin it, wind started whistling. (jeopardy theme, in hylian.)

"shut it link, i'll revoke your crow's nest privileges." the figure started again, apparently used to his antics. also, on his ship?

"oh, you wound me! you would never! you don't have... the strength." wind responded, dramatically flailing and flopping. "got your hood off yet?"

"obviously i don't- oh wait... it was stuck on my earring." the figure "unmasked" themself, and standing there, in place of what the links fitst thought would be a dark link, was the unmistakable form of tetra, of whom wind had shown various pictographs of.

"let's get going. i still wanna see grandma and aryll, and definitely wanna go on the ship and see the crew again. speaking of, have there been any strange monsters lately? like stronger? we've been tracking them. oh well, we can get to that later. how have you been? i hope you haven't cried too hard about my disappearance, that would be embarrassing." tetra shut him up with a kiss. wait- they were dating?? nobody told sky this.

watch me suffer in "favorite characters/kins have no content so i have to make due with my own. (i'm strawberry.lemonade on discord so if you see that on the linked universe one that's me!! i would post to ao3 as well but i can't get it to work, sadly)

i hope you enjoyed reading this, have a good day! (do your homework, take a shower, clean your room, eat, drink, take a break, take care of yourselves gremlins. this is a wind-centered fic it's either crack or angst no in between i know how we work)