He gestured to himself. "Me? I just simply meant the feng shui could use a little work. My energy is all off."

   I pinched the bridge of my nose, letting out a deep breath.

   "It's ok, our tastes aren't for everyone, I suppose." Jacob said, a smile on his face that didn't seem all that genuine.

   "Well, speaking of taste, those shirts are, uh... interesting." Sonny said, addressing my parents now.

   My mom looked down at her shirt. "Oh, aren't they adorable? We had them made up this morning."

   "They're something alright." Sonny replied.

   "Now, what's that supposed to mean?" My mom asked.

   Sonny raised her hands in fake surrender. "Nothing, just an observation."

   "It sounded a little condescending to me." My dad said.

   Jacob scoffed. "Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black."

   My dad puffed his chest up a little. "I don't know if I like your tone, sir."

   I stood in front of my parents then, before this could go any further. "Hey, what is your problem?"

   My dad folded his arms over his chest. "I don't appreciate their attitude."

   Sonny suddenly scoffed. "Our attitude?"

   Katrina pulled her parents into the living room then. "Ok, you two, let's settle down." She said.

   I shook my head. "Look, dad, you came in here and insulted them. These are nice people and my future in-laws. You have to show them some respect. Ok?"

   He looked down, letting out a small sigh.

   "We're sorry, honey." My mom said.

   My dad looked up at me. "Yes, I apologize, Seashell."

   I let out a little sigh of my own. "It's ok. Just, go apologize to them and then we'll take you to your hotel."

   The parents regrouped, neither one wanting to speak first.

   I gave my dad a nudge.

   He looked to me before sticking his hand in Jacob's direction. "I'm sorry if I insulted you, sir. I meant no harm."

   He thought about it for a second before shaking my dads hand. "Water under the bridge."

   Katrina clapped her hands together then. "Alright, let's get you two to your hotel..."

   After dropping my parents off, we headed back to Katrina's house, to grab Julia and Luna.

   As we waited for them in the driveway, Katrina turned to me. "Well, that could've went better."

   I rubbed my forehead. "I'm sorry about them."

   She took my hand in hers. "It's ok. I'm sorry to."

   I looked to her then and we shared a small smile and kiss. "Hey, at least we can put that behind us for now and focus on picking out these dresses."

   She smiled wider. "I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what you pick."

   I returned her smile. "Same."

   Then, Julia and Luna joined us and we hit the road, heading into town...

   "I can't believe you're picking out wedding dresses from some low rent, thrift store." Luna said.

   "It's not a 'thrift store.' It's my cousins shop and she makes beautiful dresses." Katrina defended.

   "Debatable." Luna replied.

   I pushed my foot over the brake pedal, causing the car to screech to a halt, Katrina trying to keep it straight. "Hey!" She said.

   I ignored her for the moment and turned back to scold Luna. "Listen up, I don't know what your problem is, but if one more negative word comes out of your mouth I'm gonna mail you home in a crate with no air holes. Understand?"

   Luna raised her hands. "Ok, I'm sorry. Geez."

   I shook my head. "Not good enough. You owe Katrina an apology and it had damn well better be a good one."

   Luna looked at me for a long second before letting out a sigh. "I'm sorry, Katrina, I won't make fun of you anymore."

   Katrina nodded a little. "That's ok... I forgive you."

   "Good, now let's go get these damn dresses." I said, sitting back in my seat with a huff.

   After a silent car ride, we finally pulled into the parking lot, letting Julia and Luna out first. Katrina hanging back with me. "Hey, what was all that about?"

   I looked down, letting out a sigh. "I don't know... I guess I just snapped."

   She took my hand then. "What's wrong... You know you can talk to me?"

   I shook my head. "It's nothing... Let's just go get these dresses..."

   Of course I was lying to her and I was absolutely bottling everything up. Luna's behavior, my parents, DAISY. It was all starting to become a little overwhelming and I wasn't sure what to do about it.

   I just wanted everything to be perfect, but a sinking suspicion was starting to tell me otherwise...