Chapter Six - Hogwarts Letters

Start from the beginning

"I believe that is quite enough of that Sirius." McGonagall warned.

Sirius shrugged and set the salt and pepper shakers back down on the counter, putting his wand back into his pocket.

"Mr. and Mrs. Granger, if you and Miss Hermione Granger will accompany me to Diagon Alley I can show you how to handle your daughters transition into the Wizarding world."

It took awhile and a few more shows of magic to convince the Grangers that this was real. Soon enough they were following McGonagall out and Harry, Sirius, and Remus were returning to their house.

"Hey Siri, how come Hermione's letter came earlier than the school sends them out by owls?" Harry asked.

"Muggle borns usually need more time to transition into the muggle world so McGonagall sees to it to accompany every single muggle born to Diagon Alley to help."

"So muggle borns get their letters on different days?"

Sirius nodded.

When July 24th came around Harry's Hogwarts letter arrived while the family was having breakfast. He was exited and was about to ask if they could go to Diagon Alley right away but then remembered that he and Hagrid had gone on his birthday last time. So, Harry decided to wait and go on his birthday. After all there was a certain owl he wanted to retrieve as well as a certain blond he wanted to re-meet. By the time Harry's birthday did come around he was practically bouncing on his toes.

"You act like you've never been to Diagon Alley before cub." Remus told him through a laugh.

"Well I'm exited to finally be getting my school supplies!" Harry defended himself, even if that wasn't the real reason for his excitement.

Sirius and Remus shared a look, "Ravenclaw."

The Grangers knocked on their door and Sirius welcomed them in. They were using the floo network to get to Diagon Alley since they couldn't apperate mid-day. Sirius was first, then Harry, Hermione, Jean, Dave, and finally Remus. They all went to Gringots first, needing to pick up money to buy everything. Harry looked over the transcripts to the Potter vaults since the last time he'd been there, as he always did, just to make sure Dumbledore hadn't figured out a way to start taking from them again. The first time he'd ever been to Diagon Alley, when he was three, he'd asked for the transcripts to his vault, something that made Sirius and Remus completely confused. He'd found that Dumbledore was accessing the vaults as he had last time and Harry immediately put a stop to it, having already earned all of the money back with interest by now. After Gringots they went from shop to shop, picking up the different things they'd need. Harry even made a bet with Remus that if he made it onto his house's quidditch team as a seeker that he'd get the Nimbus 2000. Since no first year had been picked to be on the team in over a century Remus agreed. Harry inwardly smirked. Hermione rolled her eyes at this exchange. The two teens then broke off from the adults to get their robes fitted while their parents would pick up some lunch. When they entered Madam Milkin's a lady's head poked up from the front desk.

"Hogwarts Dears?" She asked sweetly.

Harry nodded and she motioned for them to stand next to a blond boy who was currently being fitted on their own little raised circular platforms that stood in the middle of the shop. With a flick of her wand measuring tapes flew over to them and started taking their measurements.