Chapter 4: Flashback

"I was going to ask if the number one would give me some pointers."

"If you're wanting a one on one, come prepared,"

__

This was it; today was the day Kaacchan and I would face off. I have to make sure to eat some waxy foods throughout the day so that I can keep up my wings. I sit on the edge of my bed. Why was I so anxious about the fight? It's not like I hadn't faced actual villains before. Maybe Midoriya would train with me a little more before the battle. Or maybe I could train with someone else. Let's see, who is in the top 5? Bakugo was second, but Todoroki was first. Maybe I could ask Todoroki to give me some pointers. He kind of intimidated me for some reason. He seemed so closed off and emotionless. Not that he is emotionless, no. I know that he isn't the biggest fan of his dad just from what I've heard.

Maybe I could start with that? No, I wouldn't want to meddle in his family drama. Nor do I want to give him the wrong impression and turn him away from me. I could always ask Midoriya to formally introduce us, even though we've somewhat talked before. That sounded like the plan. I look back at my All Might plush. I still can't believe he didn't say anything about it last night. A grin works its way onto my face before I stand up. Today is going to be a very interesting day, to say the least.

__

All Might had taken us to the training grounds for today's hero studies class. He paired us into groups for an exercise to save hostages. In the case of the class, some of our classmates were the hostages, some were the villains, and some were the heroes. We were in groups of three, besides 2 teams of four which were the villains. Here are the teams:

Villains #1: Ojiro, Bakugo, Ashido, and Tokayami
Heroes #1: Midoriya, Ida, and Aoyama
Hostages #1: Uraraka, Todoroki, and Ukai (Me)

Villains #2: Sero, Asui, Kirishima, and Hagakure
Heroes #2: Yaoyurozu, Sato, and Shoji
Hostages #2: Koda, Minetta, Kaminari

Our group was up first. Too bad I was just a hostage. But this way Bakugo will never know what to expect from my quirk. As hostages, we had to 'hide' behind the villains in their chosen location while the heroes had to try to locate and save us in a given amount of time.

It was surprisingly boring. We just sat there in seats pretending to be tied up while Bakugo, Ojiro, Mina, and Hagekure observed the area. I yawn. "Man, I could take a nap out here." I could use a nap.

"You were up pretty late last night," Ururaka says. My eyes grow wide before squinting. She knew.

"Midoriya and I trained." With this short sentence, Bakugo turns his head to look back at me. He seemed tense. Uraraka obviously liked Deku; I could already tell by her mannerisms.

"Oh..." she replies looking up at Bakugo as well.

"Speaking of," I say turning to Todoroki, "I was going to ask if the number one would give me some pointers." Of course, I spoke quieter so Kacchan wouldn't hear me this time. The split-haired boy looks at me as if I had spoken jibberish. I never noticed how familiar his face was until now. I've seen this boy before.

"If you want a one-on-one, come prepared," he says expressionless. It took me by surprise. I inaudibly gasp with my mouth hanging open.

"Wow, where did that come from, Todoroki?" Uraraka giggles.

"I mean give it your all," he says over her giggles. Everybody had character here. Even Bakugo; he was the mean airhead of the class. I was finding that out pretty quickly. But Todoroki gave off the characteristics of a sassy blonde. There's nothing wrong with blondes considering I am one, but Todoroki, as smart as he seems, doesn't seem educated in the area of social cues.

"Thank you," I say smiling with my eyes squinted. "Wait." That's where I know him from. The two were looking confused now. "Hey Todoroki, have you ever visited the Sakura Sunset Cafe?"

He softens up. "My brother, sister, and I go there after visiting with my mother." I bet he's a mama's boy. He has to be. I already know he doesn't look up to his father.

I lean my head to the side. "I thought you looked familiar." Another smile grows on my face. It was the same boy. He furrows his eyebrows before the realization hits him. Then his mouth opens slightly to let out a small huh in realization.

"Icy Hot, Pin Up, pay attention!" Bakugo was still looking over his shoulder at us. He looked furious. I still couldn't get over the fact that I knew Todoroki. I knew Endeavor's son before I knew he was Endeavor's son.

___

"And what can I get for you?" I speak smiling at the split colored haired stranger. He looked somewhat muscular and around my age; a pretty boy. I bet he could get any girl he wanted. It looked like his brother already had.

"Can I get an order of the spicy soba with shrimp?" He says. His voice was different than I expected. It was monotone with no change in articulation. He was straightforward.

"Yes sir," I say with a swaying stance. 

He half smirks. "Thank you." He was pretty, and he had manners. I smile from ear to ear before leaving him and what I assumed to be his brother and brother's girlfriend.

I return a little while later with their food. They seemed to enjoy each other's company. Maybe they were all siblings now that I look at them. "Rice and miso for you, miss, and udon and soba for the strong men." The one with the solid hair grins at the other boy. I glance over at him. They were making serious eye contact with each other.

"Can I help with anything else while I'm here," I carry on with my duty overlooking the two boys.

"Yes," says the girl, "the rice still feels a little cold."

She reaches me the rice. Once it is in my hands, it warms to my touch. "Oh, I don't mean to correct you, but feel again." I hand it back to her.

"Oh, thank you," she says somewhat confused.

I grin widely again and bow, "You're welcome." Then I walk away.

"What was that? Was that a quirk?" I heard the girl say. A grin grows on my face. I loved doing that.