‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾LOST IN YOU☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Maya's POV
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The sun was high in the sky, although it felt like it was far away, behind a ceiling of ice. The frost glinted on the ground and now I could see scrubby patches of brown grass and twisted shrubs. A gray wolf trotted across the rocks below, but that was the only sign of life I saw. Intricate patterns of ice floated weightlessly downward from the pure white sky above, each flake swirling and dancing.

The sound of rocks skidding behind me urged me to take out my fans and turn around to meet the eyes of whatever was sneaking up on me, only to meet with the pair of a Banshee's. I let out a breath of relief and put my fans away, instead extending and offering my hand to the young female.

"Dakiva, jemo jurnegon syrī," I complimented the dragon, earning a chirrup from her as she placed her snout against my open palm. Osiris, one of the other Banshees, grunted and trudged back to the Jinsei's opening. I pouted and stepped over to him, throwing my body onto his with affection which he seemed to lack. "Jorrāelō, ai riñi."

{Translation: You look healthy | Love, my child}

Osiris grumbled and shuffled away from me, but I kept clinging to him like a toddler to its mother. I looked up at him with glistening eyes, exaggerating my pout as he snorted and shook himself a little, swaying from one side to the other. After a few more seconds, I gave up and pulled away from him, rolling my eyes.

"Jemo iksō daor mandor." I swore I felt like a kid again, whining to the Banshee in such a childish tone. I turned to Haku, the other male, and extended my arm out for him so I could enter the Jinsei. "Nektvō."

{Translation: You're no fun // Cut}

Haku huffed and reached his claw out to pierce the skin of my hand. I winced as the blood ran across my fingers, the Banshee reeling back to take in the scent of his talonwork. I quietly thanked him and headed over to the door to place my hand on the center. The mechanisms inside began working, and steadily, the door opened, the Jinsei's cool blue mist rushing through my clothes.

I gave one last nod to the Banshees before heading inside to view the Jinsei. It was eerily quiet - even my footsteps were drowned out by the silence. The glowing blue light soon came into view and the Jinsei made its appearance. Every time I came here, I felt oddly at home, more than I did when I was at the castle. Its only rival was when I was with the dragons.

The cold air lingering in the chamber hit my skin and goosebumps rippled down my arms, stirring a shiver in my form. I sighed and pulled my sleeves down as far as they could go, then walked further in, feeling the Jinsei's energy flowing through my soul. I could hear the voices of past spirits whispering to me, but nothing they had to say were particularly good. A queen's fury. An unbeatable alpha. A companion's betrayal. All to be here soon.

I stepped forward, reaching out to the Jinsei when another, more prominent voice, called out for me.

"Wait! Don't touch that!"

I turned around to see Namjoon running towards me, his arm outstretched and reaching for me, a worried expression painted on his face. He quickly caught up to me and grabbed my hand, pulling me back from the Jinsei. I could feel some of its energy draining out of me as I left its reach.

"Don't touch it, it'll mess up your memory even more," Namjoon warned, panting nervously from running so quickly. I quirked an eyebrow and pulled my hand back to my side, placing it on my hip.

"And just how did you get in here?" I questioned.

"The door was left open."

"Oh, silly me," I laughed and shrugged my shoulders, causing Namjoon to roll his eyes slightly with a disappointed sigh.