iii

"My world's so bright, it's hard to breathe, but that's alright

Hush"

Looking in the mirror as I pulled at the damned bow that seemed to have a knack of choking me, I couldn't help but glare at my reflection. The skirt looked smaller than it probably should, tight as hell around the waist, almost like having these wide hips wasn't something they took into consideration.

"Rain?" I heard the voice of Fiona pop out of nowhere before she smacked my hand away from the bow," Tsk, come here with that."

I sulked with my eyes down as I watched her loosen the bow till it was freer around my neck and I muttered," Thank you." Which she smiled cheerily to.

"You had better gone downstairs, you're going to be late." She scolded, waving her index finger at me.

"I'll be down soon," I said as I stared at my reflection in the mirror again, checking my hair and pulling my fingers through the short strands.

I walked down the stairs after pulling up my black crossbody bag. My long legs would have been up for display if not for my thigh-high stockings. The looks on their faces seemed disapproving, but Penny smiled toothily.

"Boots? You could have mentioned you didn't have heels. Heels are for elite women, boots seem... a little unprofessional, you know?" She commented as she made her way towards me, looking me up and down before taking a step back as she noticed she had gotten in my personal space.

"I'm not wearing heels, never going to. Professional? Last I checked I was going to a school, not a fucking interview."

Lincoln pulled his fingers off the middle of his brows to squeeze his wife's shoulder," That's okay, Penny." He comforted his wife before smiling briefly at me," You look good, Rain."

In a uniform, of course, I do," Thank you, I guess. Thought I was late?"

"Oh, right. The driver is waiting for you outside, he'll pick you up after school too."

"I'll walk back," I said, walking out the door and slamming it before they could call me back.

I jumped a bit as I climbed down the stairs, my eyes fixed on the black sports car they had picked to take me to school. How fucking nice.

"Good morning, miss." The drive greeted me as I sat in the passenger's seat.

"Morning, you don't have to pick me up later, I'll walk back," I said immediately, watching as his eyes met mine through the mirror.

"Are they okay with this?" He questioned.

"I don't care."

The ride to school was slow, the man was probably scared to drive faster than he already was. I noted every corner and turn he passed as he drove. I meant what I said; I wasn't about to keep turning up in sports cars. Too fake.

"We're here, miss."

I walked out, eyes turning towards me as I did so. Skirts shorter and tighter than mine? Check

Choking hairspray smells? Check.

Heels, lots of it? Check.

Just what I needed to see, the parking lot was filled with various cars of various types. Competition seemed like something that would be a constant occurrence around here. I marched on into the school, not knowing what the hell I was to do till I got to the Administrator's office.

"Good morning, how may I help you?" She quipped, her fingers moving fast on her keyboard for a second before she finally looked at me.

"My name is Rain, I'm a new student." Saying it made me gag involuntarily, and I hated it here already.

"Oh, the Robinsons? Welcome." She greeted me before chattering on and on about the good deeds of Lincoln and Penny, telling me about how good the school was, everything else except what I needed to know.

"Can I just have my locker number and curriculum please?"

"Locker? Oh, we don't have those here. We don't use books." She laughed as she said this as if I had asked the dumbest question known to man.

"Well, what do you use then?"

"You'll get your system later in the afternoon. Just get a little note to write for today."

"System?" I queried, my head tilting slightly as I stared at the extremely polished desk in front of me.

"Yes, every student here has their designated systems with the required subject schedule put in, as well as test schedules, notes, and everything needed for a subject in it." She beamed with her hands clasped.

"Okay," I responded.

Her eyes saddened a bit at my response but she beamed again," Here is your timetable for today, come by later for your system."

I pulled the piece of paper from her fingers as I made my towards the hall, every hall seemed to have stickers. The building was vast. What a waste.

The bell rang, and I watched as students hurried towards the cafeteria, some still staring at me weirdly while others just whispered. Why were they going to the cafeteria this early? I walked in with every other student out of curiosity, watching as they queued and got their food on the tray they were holding. Breakfast?

"Hi." A ginger-haired girl popped out of thin air and smiled widely at me," I'm Tilda."

"Okay...?" I replied, my eyes searching behind her, eying the girls behind.

"I came to welcome you, your hair looks nice." She smiled again before trying to touch me, which made me take a step back," Wanna eat with us?"

I looked around, noting how everyone seemed to focus on us, on her and her creepy smile," No."

"Oh. I'm Tilda, one of the biggest elite member of the society." She groaned with her left eye twitching.

"And? Do you shoot money out of your ass? You're not a unicorn either, what makes you special?"

I heard collective gasps through the cafeteria, watching as these spineless bitches pulled out their phones to record whatever was happening, as expected of the 'prestigious school of elites'.

"I see, you were a waste of time after all. I guess it's time we welcomed you the way we should have."

~

Cradles by Sub Urban

Well, there you have it.

Thoughts on this chapter?

Thoughts on Tilda?

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

•.Tayme.•