Chapter Four - The Move

Start from the beginning

By the time Harry turned five Sirius and Remus had started to notice that his "accidental" magic wasn't so "accidental" as well as started to pick up on his advanced vocabulary. That was also the year that he'd found out about his fame when a bookshop clerk had recognized him. With his blood adoption to Sirius not many people had when he'd gone out with them, and those who did just whispered and stared. No one had made an outburst like the witch had made. People all around started gasping and exclaiming, "It's him! It's really him! The-boy-who-lived!". Photographers had run into the shop and started snapping photos while he tried to hide behind Sirius and Remus who were fighting their way out of the shop, forgetting whatever it was they were trying to buy. When they got home that night Sirius and Remus explained everything to him. He'd already known that his parents had been murdered and that was how he'd come to live with them but what they hadn't told him was that their murderer had been trying to kill him. They told him how he was the only one to ever survive the killing curse and that was how he got his scar. Harry had acted to be out of it for a few days before snapping back to himself, making them believe that it was his first time hearing everything.

By the time Harry turned six his magic was getting stronger, thanks to his days spent practicing in the library, but that also meant that it was getting harder to hide. Sirius and Remus had noticed that something was up.

Harry looked up at a knock on his door, Sirius's head poked through.

"Harrison, can we talked to you?"

"Sure?" Harry closed his book and set it down.

"Look, we've both noticed that you're a bit of a protege. We know that you have control of your magic by now and that you know more than you let on." Sirius began, "We want you to know that you don't have to hide anything from us. I know I'm not the best at this whole parent thing, which is why Remus is here-" Remus kicked him in the shin. Sirius smiled, quickly kissing the man before turning back to Harry, "It just seems like there's something that you're not telling us, which is perfectly fine, have your secrets, but we want you to know that you can always trust us."

"And Harry, if this is all just about you being smarter then you're letting on, you don't have to worry about us expecting more of you. All that matters is that you're happy." Remus added.

Harry froze up. He didn't mean to reveal everything this early, he'd thought he'd been doing a good job at hiding that he was actually a thirty-one year old in a six year olds body. He figured he'd just let them think that he was even more of a protege then he originally let on. Of course, he trusted Sirius and Remus with his life, but he knew that the news would hit them hard and he wasn't quite ready to tell them yet, he wasn't even sure if they were really ready to know.

"I-... I didn't want you to get your hopes up." Harry said, "I thought that if I let it get out that I can already control my magic that people would expect great things of me, and that I'd let them down when I couldn't reach their expectations."

It wasn't a complete lie. Harry was constantly worried during his first go around that he wouldn't meet people's expectations of him, though that was for a completely different reason. Sirius and Remus shared a look before pulling Harry in for a hug which Harry returned.

"You'll never let either of us down no matter what you do, ok?" Sirius told him.

Harry nodded and buried his face into his Godfather, as well as adoptive father's, robes (he'd just come from work) at the same time hugging both men tighter. He really loved them.