Chapter Three - His New Beginning

Start from the beginning

"And why should I believe you?!"

"Because I just risked my life to go in there and get your Godson!"

Sirius then seemed to notice the little bundle that was Harry in Snape's arms, his eyes softened.

"What about James?" The Animagus asked.

Snape shook his head.

"Lily?"

Snape didn't reply, he turned his face away, his eyes starting to water again. He silently offered out Harry. Sirius, who's own eyes were starting to water, took Harry, cradling him in his arms.

"Thank you..." he whispered, his voice barely audible.

"Don't mention it..."

"Severus! Sirius! What happened?"

Harry saw Dumbledore making his way through the crowd, everyone parting for him.

"Peter ratted them out." Sirius growled.

"He's still out there. Someone need to go after him." Snape said.

"Sirius, you know Peter the best, you should go after him. I'll watch over Harry." Dumbledore told him.

Harry could feel the compulsion being sent from Dumbledore to Sirius and was immediately angered. The whole time it was Dumbledore's fault that Sirius had been imprisioned! Harry stopped the compulsion before it could reach his guardian, unfortunately, that also meant that he'd stuck his hand out. Quickly thinking, Harry stuck out his other one as if he was reaching out for Sirius.

"Siwi." Harry almost gagged at himself, having to do this was mortifying.

Sirius smiled down at Harry and grabbed both of his hands with his, much bigger, one.

"I'm sorry Albus, but I'm Harrison's last guardian. He needs me and I promised Lily and James that I'd be there for him. I can't go after Peter."

Harry could see Dumbledore's face twitch and inwardly smirked.

"Very well, I shall see of having some arours take care of hunting him down. In the mean time I think it would be best to take Harry home, this is no place for a baby."

Sirius nodded and apperated out, he had no way to carry Harry on his motorcycle. He walked into Grimuald place, Harry was still wide awake in his arms. Sirius heard scratching and banging from within one of the rooms. He sighed, he'd fill Remus in on everything that happened in the morning. He knew that he shouldn't tell him anything until after the full moon was over, even with the Wolfsbane potion for his transformation he could still be unpredictable. Sirius walked into the kitchen.

"Kretcher!" He called.

There was a moment of silence before the house elf trudged into the room, dragging his hands along the floor, "Yeah?"

Sirius ignored the obvious disrespect that Kretcher was giving him in favor of just getting on with it, "I need you to set up one of the spare rooms for a nursery."

Kretcher perked up, "A nursery?"

"Yes, little Harrison here will be staying with us from now on."