23 - Fire Fuels Anger

"I can't believe you guys are doing this," I laughed.

Boys were piling small logs and wood to have a huge bonfire. Newt convinced Alby to let them do this for me. I think they're slowly forgiving me. No one is going to fully trust me again, I know that much.

"You survived the maze, Anne. That's bloody impressive," Newt said.

"Yeah, barely."

"What matters is that you pulled through. Any shank who doesn't think that's impressive has hit their head one to many times."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Thanks Newt." He smiled in response.

We continued to watch the boys who were stacking. They were mostly Builders, but Minho asked to help. And by asked I mean he just started to do it while Gally yelled at him to stop. Minho will do what Minho wants.

While Minho carried a larger log his biceps bulged. That boy had muscle, let me tell you. Sweat dripped from his forehead and off his arms.

He set the log in position before someone handed him a cup of water. He took a drink before pouring the rest over his head.

God, he looked so hot. His muscles, the water dripping off of him, all of it. I knew I was staring, but I couldn't help myself.

"You might want to close your mouth before you catch any flies," Newt informed me.

"Don't make fun of me," I said, elbowing him.

"You make it so easy tho."

"Well I can't help if I have a very strong attraction towards him."

"You don't need to show it every second of the day."

"I don't do that!"

"Oh come on! Everyone in the shucking Glade knows you do!"

"Is it really that obvious?" I asked. Newt nodded vigorously.

"Hey, Anne!" Minho called.

"Yeah?!" I responded.

"Get me some more water?"

'Only if you pour it on yourself again,' I thought.

"Yeah, sure!" I jogged over to retrieve his cup before filling it with water at the pump.

"Thanks babe," Minho said while taking the cup back.

He called me babe. And it sounded so good.

={~}={~}={~}={~}={~}={~}=

When night came multiple people, including myself, threw a lit torch into the teepee of wood. It immediately went up in flames. Everyone cheered and threw their fists in the air.

Music began to sound. Although we didn't have any instruments, we made our own.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind me. "Bet you can't guess who it is," he challenged.

I smirked. "I have no clue."

"I'll give you a hint. He's obviously the best looking Glader and everyone is jealous of his handsomeness."

"Mm I think I need a better hint," I said.

"You were watching him working today and he knew it too. The way you looked at him made him hot," he whispered in my ear.

"You sure it didn't just boost his ego."

"That too, but man, he loved that look so much."

"Maybe I should do it more often if it makes him hot."

"You definitely should. Have a guess?"

"I think I do." I turned around and wrapped my hands around his neck before kissing him. "Hey, Minho."

"Hey, Anne," he smiled. "You cheated by the way."

"You didn't give me enough hints," I protested, jokingly.

"Would you dance with me to make up for it?" Minho suggested.

"I didn't know you could dance."

"Oh, I can do everything babe." With that he grabbed my hand and spun me around.

I laughed in joy as we danced together. He wasn't lying when he said he was a good dancer. Then there was me, tripping over my own feet.

We jumped around while Minho's hands were all over me. I wasn't complaining one bit, not at all. I wish he would have done that all night but the music ended, along with our dancing.

"Wanna go watch the fights?" Minho asked.

"Fights?"

"Come on, I'll show you," he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me toward a circle of boys.

When we found an open spot I noticed a circle of sand. In the circle were two guys throwing punches and shoving each other.

"The point is not to be pushed out of the circle," Minho informed me. I nodded understandingly.

When a boy lost, Gally stepped in and locked eyes with Minho. "Well, come on," he insisted.

"Another time," Minho said.

"Don't be such a slinthead. Or, is you're murderer girlfriend holding you back?"

"Gally, slim it," Newt commanded.

"How do you know she's not going to kill you? Maybe she's just using you. Who knows, she's probably sleeping with half the people here anyway," Gally pushed on. "That bitch can't be trusted."

My lip trembled as his words swam through my ears. Tears ran down my cheeks endlessly.

Minho didn't even hesitate as he rushed forward. He slammed his body against Gally sending them both to the ground. Gally pushed Minho off him before getting to his feet.

"Is that all you got?" he growled.

"I'm just getting started," Minho spat back.

Gally swung at Minho, but he dodged the blow just in time. But he swung again, this time he didn't miss. He hit him in the eye, which just made Minho angrier.

He clenched his jaw before kicking Gally's feet out from under him. Minho got onto top of him and started to throw punch after punch.

Alby and Newt shoved Minho off Gally. "That's enough!" Alby ordered. "Gally, stay away from Minho for the rest of the night."

Winston lifted Gally to his feet. His face was bleeding all over. I can't say I didn't feel somewhat bad for him, but I was grinning on the inside. He deserved it.

"You're going to have to tie me down if you think you can make me stay away from him," Minho said bitterly.

"Lets just leave," I interrupted.

Minho looked back at me, his face softening. "Fine. Lets go."

I laced my hand with his while we walked to the Homestead.