26 - Bloody Annie

I feel like my mind is slipping. Every single day my sanity plummets. I have no idea what's going on my with me.

A day after the tree incident my clothes were torn into shreds. When I went to get Minho, my clothes were, just gone. Then the next day, the Gladers began to look at me weirdly. Newt found me and told me that my name was written in blood on the side of the Blood House and they thought I did it.

I don't know what to expect today. Anything would set me off. I'm getting so fed up with this shit, it's exhausting. I don't exactly know who is doing it, but I have a pretty good idea. If they do one more thing to me, I am going to find them and it won't be pretty.

~~~~

Minho kissed my cheek while we stood at the entrance to the maze. His hand caressed my face gently.

"Okay love birds, break it up," Ben interrupted. "We better get going, Minho."

Minho chuckled before pecking me on the lips. "He's right, we better go now," agreed Minho.

"You can't leave! What ever will I do!" I cried sarcastically. "My life will wither away with every passing second when you are not by my side."

"Oh, fair maiden! Do not fret! For I will be back and our life will be filled with many riches," Minho said.

I took a bracelet off my wrist, that I made out of string from my ruined clothes, and put in Minho's hand. "Take this as a token of my love, brave knight."

Minho smirked then put in on his wrist. "I will treasure it forever."

"I'm seriously going to barf," Ben commented before dragging Minho away.

They started to jog into the long corridor before Minho turned around. "Wait for me!" he shouted.

"Always!" I yelled back.

={~}={~}={~}={~}={~}=

The Homestead was quiet, but something didn't feel right. I silently walked over to the door to go out of my room. When I was opening it, I hesitated. My heart sped up and my hand shook.

I could feel someone's presence. I knew they were waiting for me on the other side of the door. I also knew it was most likely the person who was terrorizing me.

When I finally mustered the courage to open the door I was greeted with something being thrown all over my body. I stood there frozen in place, afraid that if I move the person would do something else to me.

Looking down I realized what was coating my clothes and skin, blood. I wiped it off my face but now it was on my hands. It was all over me, everywhere.

A rage, as red hot as the blood that covered me, took over my mind. All that mattered to me at that very moment was finding that asshole and giving him what he deserved.

I made my way out of the homestead, the blood dripping onto the floor. "Anne! Are you alright?!" Clint yelled when he saw me.

"Oh, I'm just dandy," I replied, an expression of pure rage on my face.

I found him near the garden. He was laughing like nothing happened. I wanted to punch that grin off of his ugly face. When he saw me, his face fell. Like he didn't enjoy seeing me like this.

"You proud, Gally?" I questioned. When he didn't answer I stepped closer to him and his goons. "Huh?! Can you suddenly not talk?"

"What are you talking about? Who did this to you?" he finally answered.

"Don't play dumb, Gally. I don't have the patience right now. I know you did this."

"I didn't, Anne. Ask anyone, I was right here, nowhere near you."

"Stop lying!" I screamed. "I can't deal with this anymore! Look at me, I'm covered in blood! Don't you think you've done enough!?"

"Annie, stop," Newt demanded when he ran over. "He's not lying, he was right in this spot the whole time."

"You're going to side with this asshole?" I asked gesturing toward Gally. "He says he trusts me, then sends me into the maze. How could he not do this? I don't care if no one saw him do it, it's not like one of his friends couldn't of."

"We'll figure this out, ok? Just go clean yourself off," Alby said, coming into the conversation.

"Now Mr. I know everything, is here. That's just great. I tried to tell you from the beginning what was happening but you didn't listen! Look at me, Alby. This has to be dealt with now or it's just going to get worse."

"We will okay, Newt will take-," Alby began to respond.

"No, he won't do anything. He doesn't believe that he did it," I said. I looked at Gally and glared at him. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you!" I screamed before I ran at him.

Newt grabbed me and held me back. "Calm down, Annie. Calm down. It's going to be okay."

I stopped trying to break free from his grip before I fell into his arms. I looked out into the maze and said,"No it's not. It's not going to be okay. It's only going to get worse."

💉❤️💉❤️💉❤️💉❤️💉❤️💉❤️💉

Vote and comment! :)