Chapter One - The Plan

Start from the beginning

Harry didn't know how to react, foremost he was shocked, but he was also angry.

Hermione continued, "Ginny used a love potion on you when you both first got together, but it was just to get a spark going and plant the idea in the persons mind, amplifying anything they might have felt for you. She hadn't used one since your relationship started but after you broke up with her she and Molly were planing on doing it again, with a stronger one next time you went over! When I got your owl about going to the Weasleys, which you sent me after my constant telling you to go out more, I didn't know what to do but I knew I couldn't let you go over so I apperated here to stop you."

Harry sunk down into one of the cushioned chairs, resting his head in his hands. That was why he never knew what drove him to date Ginny, he was under the influence of a live potion! That also explained why Ron got ticked off at him all the time and was constantly jealous of him, he didn't like Harry at all! Harry knew Hermione wasn't the type of person to lie about things like this, and he knew she wasn't lying. Everything made sense, he'd been played by the people he thought were his family.

"How do you know?" Harry asked, his voice weak.

Hermione sat down, fiddling with her fingers, "About a month ago I floo'd over to the burrow to meet up with Ron, we were planing to go on a date, and I walked in on Molly and Ginny brewing an Amortentia. I immediately recognized it and asked what was going on. Being Ron's fiancé they pulled me aside and explained everything to me, asking me if I wanted in. I-I played along while I was there but I once I got home I owled Ron, calling off the engagement and breaking up with him. I haven't talked to any of them since..."

She looked up at Harry who just sat there, staring at the fire that was currently ablaze in the small fireplace the room had.

"I- I wanted to tell you right away but I was afraid that you wouldn't believe me a-and if the Weasleys found out-," She started crying, "I'm so sorry!"

Harry got up and pulled the bushy haired girl into a hug, "Hey, it's ok 'Mione. You've told me now and I believe you. You don't have to cry."

"Y-you do?" Hermione looked up at him.

Harry smiled down at her, "Of course. I know you're not the the type of person to lie about stuff like this, and if I'm being honest, it kind of all makes sense."

Hermione smiled and hugged Harry back. Harry silent summoned a self-inking quill as well as a piece of parchment, scribbling out another letter.

"What's that?" Hermione asked.

Harry held it up and read it, "Dear Weasleys, again, I am sorry for not being able to make our planned lunch but I had something come up that needed by immediate attention, however I was hoping we could possibly reschedule for next week? Harry."

"You're going back to them?!" Hermione gapped.

Harry shook his head, "No. I have an idea of a way to expose them to everyone, but first I'll need some kind of proof that they've been illegally accessing my vaults for money, amongst other things. If you wouldn't mind I might need to to testify, possibly giving up your memory of your encounter with them."

Hermione blinked. She hadn't expected Harry to be so composed, so logical, while she herself was a mess. It was totally out of character.