Formality

The next day at the animal clinic Maddie smiled when she saw Scott wake up

"Welcome back to the land of the conscious." Deaton said just as Scott jumped off the table and stumbled forwards, but Maddie caught him, "You doing okay? Maybe you should sit down."

Then they heard the bell of the front door, "Hello?" Deaton called out

No one answered so Deaton started to walk towards the door but Maddie stood in front of him.

Deaton smiled and nodded as he was saying that it was okay and Maddie then moved out of the way.

Maddie moved as close as she could to the door without being seen as she listened to what was happening.

"I'm sorry but we're." Deaton saw that it was Peter standing in the clinic, "We're closed."

"Hi there I'm here to pick up." Peter said

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off." Deaton said

Peter chuckled and said, "They wandered in on their own."

"Even if they did, I'm afraid I can't help you... we're closed." Deaton said

"Well I think you can make an exception this one time... Don't you?" Peter asked

Deaton shook his head and said, "I'm sorry that's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours."

"You have something of mine I'm here to collect it." Peter said as he stepped forwards

Deaton walked forwards and said, "Like I said we're closed."

Peter then ran his hand along the desk as he said, "Mountain ash? That's an old one."

Peter then got mad and threw a chair towards Deaton but he didn't flinch at all as it shattered when it hit the mountain ash barrier

"Let me be as clear as possible. We... are... closed." Deaton said

Peter started to walk towards the door until he stopped and turned his head a little, "There are others who can help me get what I want Scott, Maddie more innocent... and far more vulnerable."