Chapter Sixteen: Blue Johnson

*"Who hurt you?"

                                                                               "My own Expectations." *

Junior Year:

"Drink busboy. I know this is the best water you can get!" They pushed Blue's face into the toilet bowl that was out of order in the boy's restroom. Contaminated with piss and god knows what else, the water slipped through Blue's open mouth mixing with his tongue as he coughed throwing up all over the toilet bowl.

"Yo look at this boys. He cooked up breakfast for himself." They all stared at the contents of Blue's stomach that was all over his arm and the seat of the toilet. The number of asses that sat on the seat letting their 3 meals out from a specific hole, was now staring back at Blue with drops of his spit, water that dripped from his hair, and his vomit.

"Eat it." They ordered gripping his hair as they pulled it back so their eyes can look into his.

"N-no, please I'll do anything!" Blue pleaded weakly, His body was already weak from the beatings he has gotten from home. His sister didn't last for long, meeting their mother in heaven. Anger and more pain-filled the Johnson household and blue didn't have an escape plan. Home, Work, and school. At home was hell. The school was hell and now work was torture as well.

His tormenter inched his face closer to Blue's, close enough to be intimidating yet far enough not to touch any of the mess he shared a part in.

"Are you begging? Your more pathetic than I thought." With that, he pushed Blue's face towards the seat smashing the vomit into his face again. Without hesitation, they pushed Blue's face back into the water leaving him there as he caught his breath and curled up crying. The stench was far from pleasant and now drenched in pissy water, It would take a while to get the smell from his skin and clothes.

*

December nodded along to whatever Sarah was talking about as her hands flew all over the place. Cracking a smile, Blue stared captivated by her beauty from afar.

So beautiful

"Yo busboy! Fetch!" Blue turned and looked to see a tray full of food being thrown at him. The mystery meat landed on his lap, sliding off like slow goo creating a funny wet substance on his last good jeans.

Standing up as the whole Cafeteria looked and laughed, Blue eyes caught Decembers. She had a frown on her face and with one whisper from Sarah, she shook her head and walked away sitting at the usual table she sits at. She didn't even take a second glance at Blue.

His heart stopped and his mind filled with negativity.

She is disgusted by me. Embarrassed. She will never talk to someone like me, let alone like me.

Glaring at the sports team Blue ran out of the cafeteria shamed.

*

"You left me. You fucking left me. You could have fought off the disease Violet! Why did you have to join mom? Why did you leave me!" Blue yelled at the gravestone and kicked at it, stomping all over the flowers and the cards from Violets college friends. It was dark outside, the graveyard no longer holding visitors as Blue tilted his head back and swallowed the liquid in the beer bottle that he had stolen from his father's stash. Stumbling side to side, Blue's eyes landed on his mother's gravestone. With sad burning eyes Blue yelled at both of his mother and sister's graves screaming strings of profanity at them, cursing them for dying.

With a fresh black eye and a swollen lip, Blue threw the beer bottle at the both of them watching the glass shatter and spill all over the fake green grass.

"This is your fault! It's your fault for marrying that jerk! It's your fault for leaving me! Your fault. You're the reason for everything mom. What kind of mother leaves their kids behind? Why did you steal Violet from me, she was my l-last hope. I hate you. I hate you both. I fucking hate you."

Falling to the ground, curling up on a ball like he did when he was just a little boy on his mother's lap when he was scared.

He closed his eyes, sniffing the scent of the grass.

"There there my child. It's ok, you just have to remember that there's a man above you watching you. He will provide the light for you and you will have nothing to be afraid of. Remember that my baby blue. Mommy is always here, mommy will always be here."

You lied mommy. You not here.

"Is he afraid of the dark again Mama?" Violet would crawl on the other side of their mother's lap and poke at her baby brother.

"Yes, Violet but you're his big sister. It's your job to be there for him always, Through thick and thin no matter how annoying you two seem to be to the other. You have to promise to always stick together."

Violet laughed but leaned in and kissed her brother's forehead.

"Don't worry Baby Blue, I'll be there to kick the monster's ass for you!"

"Violet. Language! CHARLIE YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE!"

Laughter was heard from the kitchen. "That's my girl!"

Violet...There are so many monsters. Where are you?

Why did you guys lie to me and leave...?