059 | returning home

Start from the beginning

The sound of the doorbell echoed throughout the apartment, disturbing the content stillness that had enveloped the four soulmates in peaceful harmony.

"Are we expecting anyone?" Akaashi asked, looking towards the others in the room, tilting his head in confusion.

They shook their heads.

"Not that I know of," replied Kuroo, dusting his hands on the apron he wore. He undid the bowtie, removing the strap around his neck and hanging it on the rack they nailed by the open kitchen's entrance. He stepped out, heading towards the door.

Reaching for the handle, Kuroo pressed down and swung the door open; breath choked up in his throat as his eyes laid before the beauty in front of him.

The familiar pure lavender hair cascading down her back and curling at the ends; the familiar ambience of superiority and softness that seemed to fill up every room she stepped in— Kuroo would recognise them anywhere.

I could recognise her by touch alone, by the way her breaths come and her feet struck earth. I would know in death, at the end of the world.

Mizuki removed her sunglasses, revealing those lilac orbs Kuroo adored to the moon and back.

A warm smile curled at her lips.

"Tadima."

Mizuki didn't know what it was that got her hooked on them, but she couldn't get their fingerprints off her heart, or their touch off her skin. All she knew was every night, during her university days, she laid in her dorm room, missing them, craving them, needing them.

Letting go of her suitcase handle, Mizuki took a step forward, reaching up and placing her hands on the back of Kuroo's neck. She pulled him towards her. And kissed him. She kissed him. And she kissed him. And she kissed him.

And he kept kissing her back.

Mizuki would never be able to forget how right it felt when their lips met.

"Mizuki, you're back!"

Her lips spread along Kuroo's, and as she pulled back to look over his shoulder, she swore she heard him let out a soft whine.

"Hello, Koutarou."

The said male grinned vividly, bounding through the entryway and capturing her in a tight hug, sweeping her out of Kuroo's arms and into his. He wrapped his arms around her lower waist, twirling her up in the air, golden eyes trained solely onto her joyful face. The sound of her laughter, bright and cheerful like dandelions in summer days, blessed the world. The birds that had previously been silent started chirping, tweeting happily at the heavenly sound as if it was infectious.

Mizuki's hands gripped Bokuto's shoulder, her world spinning, yet with his muscular arms around her, she was as stable as she could beas safe as ever.

Bokuto brightened tremendously.

"Don't hog her, Kou."

Kenma's pouty voice broke through their honeyed moment, eyes drifting over to the male donning oversized and baggy clothing.

"Hai, hai!"

He put her down, and Kenma tumbled into her arms, burrowing his face in her chest and sighing happily at the familiar embrace. Mizuki smiled, placing her chin on his head and holding him closer, memorising the way he slotted perfectly with her.

A match made in heaven.

Kuroo and Bokuto watched them fondly, Akaashi choosing to step closer and press a loving kiss to her lips, joining the tender embrace.