An Unexpected Tongue Lashing

So I was sitting there waiting for the man to finish with his meal so he could show me the recent sighting of the ate quietly and when he was done he paid for the bill and stood up. He headed out to his black Pick-up and stopped before getting inside.

"Are you going to follow me in your car or are you going to ride with me?"

"I'll take my car."

He nodded his head and got into his truck. I quickly jogged over to my car and got in, pulling up a little behind him. He pulled out and then headed for the road winding around the forest. It's about a ten minute drive to get into the car entrance part, he pulls over to the side and I park next to him. He steps out and pulls out a cigarette. I make sure I have all my weapons concealed before stepping out as well. He takes a big puff and then blows it out the side of his mouth.

"Should you really be smoking out here?"

He raises an eyebrow.

"I won't drop it near any dry sticks." He sucks in another puff and blows it out again. 'Just don't smoke near me and we'll be fine' is what I want to say but he seems like the type to start something if I were to aggravate him.

"So is this were you saw the thing or no?"

He shakes his head and then points out into the forest "Farther in" he takes one last puff and then drops it on the ground grinding it out with his foot. He heads off into the direction and I follow after him.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

After another five minutes of walking we stop near an old cabin.

"Right out this window, and about five or so feet out is where I saw the thing." He gestures to a tree that looks like a bear attacked it. It was shredded to bits and deep claw marks punctured the trunk.

"What was it doing?" I ask as I step closer to the tree, I'm still confused on how this guy managed to survive seeing this thing.

"It was just clinging there on the tree, and then all of sudden it leaped like it had been spooked. Took off down there."

I nod my head and glance down further.

"Did you leave after that?"

He nods his head before responding.

"I wasn't going to go chasing after that thing." I nod again.

"Thanks, I got it from here if you want to head back."

"You know the way back?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." He heads back to his truck and drives away. I continue my search around the place when I hear a small crack. I whirl around gun raised and ready to shoot. Wesker is smirking and his hands are raised in mock surrender. I roll my eyes and slowly lower my gun.

"I thought you were the master of sneaking up on someone? A crack like that could get you killed." I smirk.

"Well the average human doesn't have super hearing Christopher." His smirk has never left his face, but mine has fallen off immediately.

"Fine, how long have you been there?"

"I just got here."

"Right as he left?"

"I was listening in." he says absent-mindedly fingering a branch on a tree, and then he heads off down the path.

"Hey wait, this is my investigation."

"Are you really going to throw a fit because I started walking down the path first?"

"Look you said you were going to stand on the sidelines and just watch"