Despite that Gregory wanted Xenia back, the man could not forget her, and he was sure it was the same for her.

After Mark, she stayed single for years; after him, she moved to the next man. Gregory was sure Xenia fled memories and feelings which hurt.

Gregory strode up to the couple. As expected, Xenia saw him first; she pursed her lips so tight she almost made them bleed.

"Mr. Woo."

"Mr. Ashton, how nice of you to come," Andrew said, stretching out his free hand to shake Gregory's.

Andrew was friendly. He had no reason to be any other way, totally unaware of the relationship which linked the man before him with the woman by his side.

"Xenia."

"Gregory."

"You look good."

Xenia knew this sentence; Gregory used it when lost for words. She could count the compliment he gave on her fingers.

"Thank you," Xenia said, pleased to manage a clear-toned answer. Andrew's grip tightened around her waist, did sense the tension which reigned in the air?

"Yes, my fiancée is a beautiful sight, which I'll have the privilege to contemplate for the rest of my life."

Xenia smiled, "Andrew, stop it."

What Xenia found odd was Gregory seemed amused. She was right; the man was indifferent to the couple's complicity.

"Anyway, Mr. Ashton, I'm glad you came. I hope you find something you like amongst the various works."

"Indeed, lucky me, I think I've found it," Gregory stared at Xenia, ignoring the man in front of him.

"Andrew," another voice interrupted the conversation, "there's someone I'd like you to meet. He loves your work, and he would like your expertise on a project of his."

Andrew looked awkward. Something inside him told him he shouldn't leave Xenia and Gregory alone, but work was work.

"Excuse me, Xenia, I'll be back," Andrew said.

"Take your time," Gregory replied with a sly grin, which made Xenia want to hold Andrew back.

Gregory had gone out of his way; he knew Xenia's fetish for men in suits. The one he wore was only twenty-four hours old. Hand made in Savile Row's Gleves&Hawkes. Hair, face, and nails all visited London's best institutes to force Xenia to bite her lips to stop the primal reaction of jumping on the man.

"Why are you doing this?" Xenia asked as soon as Andrew was far enough as she tried to move out of her fiancé's direct vision.

"Xenia, I said I'd come back, but you managed to leave the company, refuse the position I gave you, the apartment, and me in less than a month. And what do I find out? You've gone and found someone else. Didn't I mean anything to you? Don't we mean anything to you?"

"This isn't the time nor the place, Gregory."

"Then, where and when? Tell me your time and place; I'll be there."

"Don't do this, please, Gregory."

"Remember I told you, you didn't want to see me jealous. Well, I'm jealous, Xenia, of seeing another holding you, holding my woman by the waist."

"Gregory, stop, people, are watching," Xenia moved along, followed closely by him.

"I don't care let them hear; it's no secret, I'm here for you. I'm a spoilt brat when I'm jealous; I hate when people have what I covet. I can't let him have you, Xenia."

Xenia sneered, "you're immature."

"I know."

"You weren't like this. Where is poised and measured Gregory Carlton, the prince of finance?"

"You can leave him a message because he had to take a vacation to go and find a certain woman. You drew me out, Xenia; you're driving crazy, I think of youㅡ."

"Stop, please, stop it."

"Then tell me when I can see you, and I'll leave you alone."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can and you will, or I'll tell Mr. Woo you've been lying to him. Come on, Xenia, I know you. You've never aspired to stand like a mannequin doll next to a man saying yes and amen to everything. So I'm going to tell him you still love me, and you are done with the play pretend. How do you think he'll react once he knows he's only a substitute? And if you're wondering, I'll try to be a bigger and better person. I'll forgive you for this little rebound episode."

"It isn't true; he won't believe you. Andrew is not a substitute. You are so full of yourself."

Gregory approached her and whispered in her ear," look on your left; he seems pretty convinced to me."

Andrew was in a conversation, but his gaze fixed their position.

"Good night, Xenia. I'll be back," Gregory said triumphantly.

Xenia remained flustered on the spot by the man's childish behavior. The woman prayed he would stop there as she couldn't help think that Gregory's rumble was the premise of a volcanic eruption.