"Are you sure you don't want me to help?" Xenia asked.

"Nope, just sit and keep me company."

Xenia took a seat at Andrew's kitchen counter. The man cooked fast; his gestures seemed mechanic as though he had done it all his life.

"You're a pro."

"Well, I love to cook, and since my family exiled me, I learned a couple of things. Dinner is served, Madame."

"Merci."

They ate casually seated at the counter.

"Hum, this is heavenly, Andrew."

The man knew her weak spots; the danger was imminent.

Xenia frowned as she noticed Andrew's eyes fix a spot on her face, "don't move."

"What, why?" Xenia asked in a panic.

"You've got some sauce, justㅡ."

"Where?"

"Wait, I'll get it," Andrew leaned forward to take away the sauce with a delicate touch of his finger. Of course, the spot was at the edge of Xenia's lips.

"Thanks," Xenia whispered as her cheekbones reached their highest peak in the last decade.

They drank a lot of Soju [Korean liquor]. Andrew didn't forget the young Xenia preferred the fruit-flavored Soju to the original, and so Xenia gulped down three bottles as if it were mineral water.

After dinner, they managed to clear the table despite their drunken state and fall on the leather couch. They sat silently; it Andrew who broke the silence.

"You broke my heart, Xenia."

"What?"

"I waited for you to write," Andrew took the woman's hands in his, feeling his confidence boosted by the liquor.

"And I waited for you," Xenia replied.

They gazed into each other's eyes; they were full of regret; perhaps God was on their side. It was what Xenia decided to think as she closed her eyes to accept Andrew's kiss.

Andrew wasn't just anyone. He was her first love; everything he did was natural, from unbuttoning her shirt to the kisses he planted on her neck.

Xenia let herself slip away. The alcohol effect was wearing off. She was conscious of what they were doing.

The timidity from their first time was gone; now, it was two adults who knew what buttons to press to satisfy the other.

One thing was sure Andrew had learned a lot over the years, making Xenia close the doors on the past and Gregory, who she desired to wipe out. The man had not given any news or sign of life. Xenia figured he too had moved on, and she would be a fool to sit and wait for him. There was no guilt trip attached; she and Gregory weren't an official couple anyway.

XY XX

At midnight Xenia started to get dressed.

"Spend the night," Andrew watched the woman jump to slide on her slim pants with an encore in mind.

"I can't; my mom will throw a fit and soak me in holy water."

"Are you free tomorrow?" Andrew asked.

"In the afternoon, I have a job interview in the morning."

"Oh, wait."

Andrew jumped off his bed and gave her a name card.

"It's a cabinet; they are looking for a consultant. I recommended you give them a call."

"Andrew, you didn't need toㅡ."

"Hey, you're the one doing the interview. It's no big deal. Give it a shot."

"Thanks," Xenia said.

"Where are you going? There are no buses, and taxis don't come here. Let me get dressed. I'll drive you home."

Xenia waited, and a few minutes later, they were outside.

Even in the dark, Xenia recognized the silhouette of the Blue Moonlight Cayenne Turbo.

"Hop in."

Xenia executed the order; once inside, Andrew leaned over to put her belt on for her as if she was Sia.

"I could have done it myself," the woman protested.

"I told you, I didn't have something valuable before, but I do now," Andrew said as he deposited a kiss on her lips and started the engine.

Xenia treaded on a renovated path, where the emotions left on standby could run wild. A new tale was about to unfold, and this time the woman was confident.