"It doesn't explain what an accountant is doing here? Where is the Nova Labs team?" Mark's gaze traveled to the door, which he expected to open, but no one came.

Gregory pushed forward a thick, stapled contract, "here's your deal with Nova labs."

Mark grabbed the contract and began to flick through.

"It's amazing it's far better than I imagined, wow," Mark exclaimed before regaining his composure.

Gregory sat poised, "as you can see, the offer is very generous. Nova Labs guarantees the development of the prototypes. You can have it all once you've read and signed this," Gregory slipped a three-page document across the table.

Mark picked up the document, "what's this?"

Gregory remained silent. He locked his hands together on the table and waited for Mark to check the new document.

"Wait, it's an agreement about Sia. What has Sia and Xenia got to do with the deal?"

Gregory gave his signature sardonic smile, "they have everything to do with the deal, Mr. Philips; without your signature on this paper, you can forget Nova Labs offer."

Mark cocked an eyebrow, "wait a minute, who are you?"

"I'm a man who hates to see a woman cry, especially when the shedding tears are those of my woman."

"What, don't tell me you are doing this for Xenia?"

"I'm doing this for both Sia and Xenia."

Mark grasped his head, sung backward in his chair, and chuckled, "man, it's Xenia. She just another woman, why the hassle?"

"I beg to differ with you; she isn't just any woman. I told you she is mine, and I won't let anyone hurt her in any way."

"You know, Xenia isn't a girl you win over. She looks weak, but she has claws. She's stubborn, and there's that crazy-ass temper of hers. Do you know why I left her? Xenia is self-sufficient; she doesn't need any man. You'll see in a few months she'll show you she doesn't need you."

"I don't need her to need me; I need her. Those claws of hers are what keeps me in check," Gregory replied.

"I guess it's true what they say another man's rubbish is another man's gold," Mark said with a smirk.

Gregory lifted an eyebrow; he was one minute away from knocking the living daylights of Mark, but he remained seated. Violence wouldn't get Mark's signature on the mediation.

The former military could torture Mark, though, and ask Jalia to give him a hand. Gregory chased away the thought, he was a civilian now, and he had to do things like an ordinary citizen who was not that average.

"Women are what we make of them, Mr. Philps. If I see Xenia or Sia cry because of you. I swear there won't be one place on earth where you'll be able to hide."

"Who the fuck you think you are? You come here talking like if you are a frigging Rothchild or in some mafia boss."

"Close but not close enough. You have no idea how I can affect your life."

"Are you threatening me, Mr.Accountant?" Mark asked.

"Listen, Mr. Philps; I don't have much time. Will you or will you not sign?"

"Answer me first, who are you?"

"I'm a gardener, Mr. Philps, a gardener who hates having people tread on his roses."

"Cut the shitty prose. I said, who the fuck are you?"

There was a knock on the door.

"Mr. Ashton, you are going to be late for your next appointment," the woman at the door said."

"Ashton, Ashton, you're English. You came to Astoria, which is being takenㅡ. Wait a minute, you areㅡ."

"Now you are aware, will you or won't you sign?"

Mark's eyes darted, "wait, just give me a sec, you can't beㅡ, you said you were an accountant."

"I said, that's all I did."

"Does Xenia know? I bet she doesn't. If she did, you wouldn't be smirking right now. That woman loathes men who lie."

"Mr. Philps, I'm sorry, times up, I have to leave," Gregory got up.

It was a big deal that guaranteed Mark's company survival, at least for the next five years. He couldn't pass it up, "wait, I'll sign, why her of all women?" Mark asked while he wrote.

Gregory smiled, "I like claws."

"You know Mr. account- I mean Mr.Ashton, Xeniaㅡ."

"Mr.Philps," Gregory interrupted, "you should be checking on your garden and your bed of roses. Women are what we make of them, their thorns and bitterness, we do that. We transform them for better or for worst."

"You love her, don't you?"

"Isn't it obvious," Gregory said as he walked to the door only to turn back on Mark to say, "goodbye, Mr. Philps. Oh, I almost forgot you have fifteen thousand euros leftover on the contract. Please make sure to transfer the money to Xenia's account. You owe her that and remember the deal you made today was only possible because of that woman. If it weren't for her, I would not have considered your project with Nova Lab. Never forget that, Mr. Philps."

Mark understood Gregory threw him pocket money.