"No, I did think this through." Peter defended himself, making Tony scoff.

"You could not have possibly thought this through."

"It's just, you can't be a friendly neighbourhood Spiderman if there's no neighbourhood." Peter said, and a silence fell upon the room.

He was right, after all.

"Okay, that didn't really make any sense, but you know what I'm trying to say."

"Tony, now just isn't the time." I said, and he looked at me before nodding in agreement, turning around to look at Stephen.

"Peter, there's something I need to tell you." I said, and he gave me an interested look, before I took my mask off.

"Phoenix?" He stuttered out, and I nodded.

"Is it really you?" Peter asked, making me laugh.

"I thought the same when you pulled your mask off outside the ship."

"You saw that?" Peter laughed nervously, and I smiled, nodding.

"Yeah, I did."

"I can't believe it's actually you!" He exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug, and I happily hugged him back.

"All along, it was you." Peter said in disbelief, and I laughed.

"It sure was, Spiderboy."

"How did I not figure it out?" He asked himself, making me shrug.

"If it's any consolation, I didn't either."

"Catch up later." Tony interrupted, gesturing for us to go to him.

"Come on, we've got a situation."

"To be continued." I said, and Peter nodded in agreement before we joined Tony.

He pointed to Stephen, and we crouched down to get a better view. 

"See him down there?" Tony asked Peter, who nodded.

"He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go."

Peter paused for a moment, standing up once he got an idea.

"Okay, okay. Did you ever see this really old movie, Aliens?"

•••

"Painful aren't they? They were originally designed for microsurgery, and any one of them-"

The thumping sound of Tony landing behind the creature made him cut himself off, turning to look at Stark.

He eyed off the repulsors Tony had charged up and aimed at him, before clearing his throat.

"Could end your friend's life in an instant."

"I gotta tell you, he's not really my friend." Tony shrugged, and I looked at Peter.

"Saving his life is more a professional courtesy."

I watched from a safe distance as the creature summoned large objects, making them float behind them.

"I can do that too, pal." I scoffed, making Peter hit my shoulder and laugh.

"Not the time."

"He's not special." I responded, but Peter just shushed me in response.

"You've saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine."

"Don't say it." Peter spoke up before I could, and I rolled my eyes.