'ding'.

the bells chimed effortlessly as the incoming autumn breeze swarmed its way into the girl's bridal kimono, making kiyo slightly shiver as the men had neared the surprisingly newish shrine that was perched on top of the mountain with a multitude of stairs.

"let's get married, kiyo".

the girl had nearly spat out her tea she coughed with her sleeve dabbing at the corners of her mouth.

"w-what nonsense are you spouting again?", kiyo coughed, a prominent blush across her cheeks as her brilliant blue eyes glanced over at the grinning male with his hair tied into a man bun as a small section was left unattended, framing the right side of his face.

"I wasn't kidding", he lightly chuckled, taking out his bun as he ran his fingers through the tangles of his black locks.

"if satoru heard you, you'll for sure be dead", kiyo mumbled, clearing her throat as she stood up from the short table.

"satoru would be elated! his best friend marrying his sister? we're going to be brothers-in-law. what's not to love?", the male replied, his narrow eyes glimmering with pure happiness as he watched the girl take a seat beside him.

kiyo only hummed in response as she allowed getō to lay his head on her lap, massaging his scalp as she wished if it were only this easy.

"but the cursed shrine...I can't just abandon my duties", kiyo said, wearing a downcast expression as getō had frowned at that, extending his arm up towards the girl's face as he gently caressed it.

kiyo leaned into the male's caring palm as she always enjoyed the warmness of it, even though it was a bit roughed up.

"I'll find a way, so that you can be freed from this binding burden...and then we'll get married", getō seriously mumbled, his facial expression devoid of any playfulness.

kiyo only smiled as she gave the male a curt nod.

"then I'll be waiting to be getō kiyo", the young priestess laughed.

"and until then, promise me you won't become anyone else's bride or even wear a shiromuku for others to see, because I want everyone to witness that you're mine and mine only".

kiyo sighed a breath of pent up air as she only nodded, her smile growing wider.

"I promise".

"lady kiyo, we're here", one of the men informed as the girl was snapped out of her daydream.

"thank you all so much for the hard work", kiyo smiled as one had helped her down the sedan chair, to which they had bowed as they wished the girl the best of luck.

as the men had scurried away, kiyo was left outside the heavy metal gates that allowed entry into the courtyard of the temple.

without any motion or word, the double doors had opened on its own, to which kiyo had promptly stepped over the short ledge mounted onto the floor as she made her way into the plain and seemingly desolated courtyard.

her footsteps were quite light as she dismissed her eerie surroundings and headed straight into the shrine, where to her surprise, a table of food with incense was presented in front of the real sukuna.

"wha—sukuna, what are you doing here? how'd you even get in? you're not actually..."

"so many damn questions woman. give me a moment and let me explain", sukuna said, rolling his eyes as he jumped off the small stage that was built to worship "sukuna".

kiyo shedded off her tsunokakushi (head piece) as she awaited for an answer, to which sukuna's unusual attire had made her form another question in her head.

"so basically, I jumped over the walls and came here this morning. I was looking for the so-called sukuna, and found nothing. maybe those humans are lying", sukuna casually stated, to which kiyo was intrigued.

"nothing? no human bodies or anything out of the ordinary?", kiyo asked.

"like I said, it's an abandoned shrine", sukuna briefly repeated, somewhat disappointed that there was no monster, at least none that had shown up.

he's been dying to get some action by shedding some blood, and since this was potentially the only opportunity, he was hoping for a real challenge.

"and why're you dressed like that?", kiyo questioned, seeing as the male was wearing a black crested haori and a loose, skirt-like hakama with vertical stripes.

it was beyond peculiar.

"answer my question: who are you dressed up to marry?", sukuna asked.

"supposedly sukuna ryōmen...?"

"and who am I?", the male grinned.

"suku—no".

sukuna just lowly chuckled as he leisurely twirled around a bit, having to have never worn human clothing for a groom. nevertheless, the demon king only wore this for fun, as he had stolen it from one of the men down at the village.

kiyo had swiftly turned around as she attempted to leave the shrine, to which the doors had locked — presumably from the outside — as kiyo snapped her head back towards the demon king.

"did you do this?"

"does it look like I did anything?", sukuna scoffed, bypassing the priestess as he attempted to kick the door down.

"humans are so weak", sukuna insulted as the doors had slammed onto the floor, to which two demons of different sizes were present.

"oho? so you two are the ones pretending to be me huh?", the demon king mused, to which the two demons slightly shivered at the dark look that sukuna was giving.

"please forgive us for using your name so graciously. we knew that by imposing as you, you'd eventually find us", the demon with a buff human form and black mohawk said.

"luring us here I see...what's your purpose and who are you working under?"

"we were ordered to assist you under the commands of mahito".

▃▃▃▃▃

a/n: hey my lovelies!!

I'm so sorry for sukuna seeming a bit ooc, I'll try to make him more a jerk next time round (maybe), but I wanted to thank you all so so much for the support.

and if you enjoyed, please don't forget to vote + comment!

(also I hate mahito but he also looks pretty okay, so...)

anyways, see you all next chapter!! <3