𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. clubs and imposters

Start from the beginning

       "Just confused," Casey admitted. "Why did the unsub change his victimology? He went from prostitutes to low-risk victims, why the sudden change?" She thinks aloud, looking at the group. "That's what we'll figure out for ourselves." Morgan told.

       "So if the unsub changed the victimology, does that make him organized or disorganized?" Emily asks. "Well, the prostitutes point one way, the club goes another." Morgan answers Emily's question.

        "The triangular arrangement of the cleaning supplies is interesting." Reid says, looking at the picture in front of him. "Obsessive-compulsive?" Hotch assumes. "Might have been institutionalized." Emily thinks.

        "We're missing the forest for the trees here. Willows is right, this guy started with prostitutes-- a high-risk victimology. Took a year off, came back, killed a socialite." Rossi stated, siding with Casey.

         "No forced entry, no coercion of any kind." Morgan nods. "Exactly. So how does our unsub go from loser of the year to Don Juan?" Rossi questions.

          Reid interferes with the convo. "Actually, as Byron interpreted him, Don Juan was an ironic reversal of sex roles. And when--" Hotch gives Reid a look. "T-That's about it." Reid clears his throat and Casey could see the light leave his eyes. She was genuinely interested in what he had to say.

        "Something must have happened between the last prostitute and Vanessa Holden making him change his victimology." Hotch stated. "Could the unsub have known Vanessa?" Jordan asks.

        "It's unlikely," Morgan says. "Sexual sadists attack anonymously." Everyone's eyes divert back to Reid. "They have to sever a personal connection and see their victims as objects to perpetrate this level of torture."

         "We have to build two profiles, then-- one for the unsub who killed prostitutes, one for the unsub who goes to clubs." Emily says. "We've never done that before." Rossi adds.

        "Two unsubs doing the same thing? That's very... strange. I agree with Todd, I think it's one unsub." Casey voiced her opinion.

         "Prentiss is right," Hotch said. "The victimology is so different, we'll treat them as separate unsubs and see what overlaps. Reid, work up a geographic profile, focus on location of the murders — Willows, you'll be joining him on that." Reid and Casey nod to each other as Hotch pairs them up.

        "Prentiss and Rossi, concentrate on the prostitutes. Jordan, Morgan, and I will go deal with Vanessa Holden." Hotch plots out.

Jordan, Morgan, Hotch, Reid and Casey all get down to the police station where they run into Detective Harding and Jordan introduces herself and the team. Casey shakes the woman's hand.

"Hey, is there a DNA match between the unsub and the prostitutes? We could run through vicap just in case." Reid begins. "Um, there's no DNA at all. No prints, no fibers. Just like Vanessa, everything gets cleaned up." Detective Harding tells.
"Pretty effective forensic countermeasure." Morgan says. "What about witnesses? Somebody must have seen something." Casey asks.

"Oh, yeah. Lots of people." Detective Harding tells. "So you have a sketch." Morgan assumes and Harding pulls out a printed picture of what looked to be an average man — which was like nearly everyone in the city. "It's a little vague." Reid points out.