«4 - An Unlikely Pair»

Start from the beginning

"Well, we're going to the training class for the Moon Demon Company! Only the most talented people in the whole army get to be apart of that class!"

"But that means we're one of the most talented, don't you think?"
"Yeah, but, not that, we're transferring in the middle of a semester. M-maybe they won't like us. Maybe I'll get bullied again..." Yoichi worries, while I look over to Yuu.

Wow, he finally admitted he's been bullied. Took you long enough. I'll protect you anyway, Yoichi.

"What, are you only here to make friends?" Yuu starts.
"Well, uh..."
"Then don't worry about it."
"But..."

"Ugh, enough! If anybody tries anything, I'll protect you. So quit your wining already!"

Mental face palm... but, good job, Yuu...

"What...? Yuuichiro... you'd do that for me...?" Yoichi confirms.

"Damn straight! Count me in too! We'll deck them all the first chance we get..." I laugh, maniacally.
"... And we'll let 'em know how strong we are!" Yuu adds, wearing an evil grin.

"C'mon, Yoichi!" I shout to him.
"Let's get this lame training stuff over with, so we can kill vampires!" Yuu grins as we walk ahead, reaching the classroom.

Shinoa opens the door and says,
"Excuse us!"

Yuu walks in first with his hands in his pockets and scanning the room, likely looking for 'competition'.

Yoichi follows in behind, swear dropping at the number of pupils.

Saving the best for last, I stroll in with my arms folded loosely, and a straight face.

I look around the room to see an almost full class and incomprehensible competition. They don't even seem like threats.

"I brought them as you asked, Lt. Colonel Guren." Shinoa says with her hands behind her back and a straight posture.

"Oh? Good." Guren replies, standing by the desk with his full uniform, including that sword.

"Okay, listen up. The reason that I, your homeroom teacher, decided to grace you all with my presence today... is because we have three transfer students." Guren says, somehow wearing a straight face.

"You know... Homeroom teachers typically attend their classes everyday." I say, rolling my eyes.
"You shut up."

I sigh, as Guren continues,
"Anyway, here they are. Yuuichiro Hyakuya, Yoichi Saotome and (Y/n) Gracefield. They're the idiot, the crybaby and the sarcastic smartass, respectively. As of today, they're joining your class."

"...Did you just call me a smart ass? Wow, someone's capable of giving compliments." I grin.
"Who are you calling an idiot?!"
"C-crybaby... I'm the crybaby..."

They complain as I laugh.
"It's true, ain't it? Now introduce yourselves, or whatever."

"No thanks."
"I swear to God... Yuu, if you start anything. I'm sending you to Pluto." I facepalm.

"H-huh?! Well, I'm not here to make friends." Yuu carries on.

Guren only looks at Yuu, surprised. I don't know why. He should've expected this.

"What?! Um, Yuuichiro? Uh... Yuuichiro?" Yoichi calls as Yuu walks over to the chalkboard.

He slams his fist on the board and turns to the class.
"Just so were clear... I don't plan on getting buddy-buddy with any of you!" Yuu yells.

I walk over to him, watching him scoot away a little. He walks forward and points back at Guren.

"I mean, this class isn't 'training'... so much as it is a way of weeding out who's unworthy... of making a contract with one of those things. The cursed gear he's got at his waist."