11. repulsion

I woke up again at 11 in the morning when the culminated daylight shot its arrays brightly through the window and right onto my face

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I woke up again at 11 in the morning when the culminated daylight shot its arrays brightly through the window and right onto my face. Nearly blinded, I tried covering the light with my forearm but it was no use. It was time to wake up.

I sat up on the bed, relieved to see that I had a shirt on underneath the blanket. But it was barely anything, I realized once I saw my bare thighs.

I looked around the trailer to find it empty. It was just me.

I got out of the bed and looked out the window, finding the two other people accompanying me outside the trailer, sitting on folding chairs and conversing in the bright wood grounds. My eyes immediately drew to the one with the dark curls and tatted arms; I didn't even notice the small gasp that escaped my lips at the sight.

I turned around from the window and let out a small 'shit,' as the memories of last night ran through my mind once again.

Scanning across the room, I looked for something temporary to put on. I couldn't go outside wearing the one I was wearing right now: it was too see-through.

Did I even have to go outside? I could just stay inside the entire time if I wanted.

But eventually, I would have to go.

I found a discarded black rolling stone tee laying on the floor and picked it up, soon replacing it with the soiled white tee by putting it over my head.

I beamed as I looked down at its hem. It was much longer than the white one's. I picked up the black-draped skirt I initially wore and put that on too: tucking the rolling stone tee into the band of the skirt. I went inside the bathroom to check out the outfit in the mirror and was pleasantly pleased. There was enough coverage for me to feel comfortable. I picked out a pink toothbrush that was reserved for me inside the bathroom cabinet. Due to my frequent visits here at the trailer, I had my own toothbrush. I clumsily brushed my teeth and rinsed the morning grime off my face with water.

As I went on my way to open the trailer door from inside, I once again was reminded of last night. I had no idea why I had done what I did or why I didn't just stop and pull away from Beau. But all of that was masked by my budding anger towards the thief. Towards Harry. How dare he look out the window and watch me in such a state from afar? And why, why on earth did I return his gaze in challenge?

I didn't know why I was feeling so exposed with the knowledge that Harry had seen me like that. My entire occupation consisted of me being seen in a far more open state by men. This shouldn't have even fazed me in the slightest. It was only right of me to pretend like I didn't care.

And that's what I would do. Act like nothing had happened or more precisely, act like last night's event did not bother me at all.

The moment I entered outside, both pairs of eyes were on me. I sped walked over to the empty folding chair next to Beau, immediately taking a seat. I kept my gaze controlled, making sure I did not look in the opposite direction where Harry was sitting.